ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wireless Headphones

GRitch

ClioSport Club Member
  Polo BlueGT
Hi,
I was looking for some help/ guidance towards some wireless headphones. I would ideally like a set of affordable headphones (preferably less than £150 but can stretch) that would be suitable for work calls, mobile connection for travel & music, possible ps4 and XboxOne use.

I have seen these and they seem suitable and within budget.

For the above use, It would need to have a built in mic, preferably noise cancelling and comfortable to wear for prolonged times.
Any help would be appreciated.

Cupra
I was quite impressed with the Sonys when I was looking a while back, those a pretty unbeatable at that pricepoint. AKG were also worth a look, but I think their wireless model is above your budget.

I opted to spend a bit more an got the Bose QC35's. I love being able to listen to Spotify from my laptop Bluetooth, then get a call through my iPhone that pauses Spotify, announces in your ear who is calling and with one press of the button on the headset, you answer the call.

I'd check the Xbox compatibility. I tried mine with the cable in the controller, and get no audio. I may be doing something wrong though and haven't had time to look into it.

GRitch

ClioSport Club Member
  Polo BlueGT
thanks for the reply, as much as i wish i could stretch to get the QC35 headphones, i cannot justify it at this moment. I will have a look at the AKG's any specific model? I have used the sony's and they seem to be bang on for the money.

Cupra
I think AKG only have one or two models with NC, not sure on the model number. The were more on ear than over ear, so might get a bit uncomfy after a couple of hours.
I was impressed with the cabled ones, but wrote them off as I wanted wireless.

It's a lot of money to drop on a set of headphones, but it has totally changed my working day. Best investment I've made.

GRitch

ClioSport Club Member
  Polo BlueGT
You might have just swayed my purchase to the more expensive ones. Thanks for the help :)

Cupra
:smile: You wouldn't have buyers remorse if you were to do it. If NC is important, they win most tests... I'm really happy with the audio too, but there are mixed review from audiophiles.

Good luck! Work out the difference it costs per day over three years of use. It's always an easy way to justify spending a bit more if you are looking for an easy excuse.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Sonys are good. I wouldn't say the mic is great.

I have them and sound is good. Surprisingly not as Bassy as i would expect from Sony. NC is really good they do feel a tad cheap...