ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wireless internet, pc expert ??

hi, right i just bought the linksys WAG354G modem/wireless device, i have tried to connect it up and it finds my adsl signal, but i just cant get it to find a internet page, what am i doing wrong ?, my isp is talktalk (please dont laugh im changing asap LOL), do you know what settings i should be using, any help would be greatfull recieved, i can get it to work wired or wireless ??

1996 Valver
I had simular probs when setting up my belkin router, I had to open up internet explorer and type in a pecial code to get to the internet settings, have a good read in ure instruction and it shoud be in there some where

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
the modem will need setting up pal.

You would normally get into your router/modem settings using http://192.168.0.1 but it may vary depending on model

Once in there you need to enter your username and password, choose the conncetion type (usually PPPoA)

If you dont know your settings ring up your ISP and ask for them, or check online. You may also need:

Multiplexing method (prob be VC based)
VPI
VCI
and probably DNS server addresses too!

Good luck!

oh god, i rang them for the above but they do not have a clue, any got talktalk settings ??, thx for the help by the way

Cupra
DDNS is not necessary... I also had problems with mine as the network was not added to my Firewall trusted area. If you think that you have everything sorted on the router and it still does not work, turn off the firewall on the PC and see if it helps.

Good luck, they can be a b1tch to set up but generally following the step by step will get you there.

yeh its a fecking b**ch, i have followed the guide to the letter, but its not that good, talktalk dont have a clue what im on about !!!

cock mobile.
Is your network card on auto detect a network address?

And is your router serving you an address ok?

Check your subnet details.
Get an cmd prompt and type "ipconfig /all" those details may help.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
make sure network bridging is off too on your lan connection! and firewalls off, even windows one just to see!

do u have SP2 mate?

Adams_16v said:
make sure network bridging is off too on your lan connection! and firewalls off, even windows one just to see!

do u have SP2 mate?

lol, how do i turn network bridging off ?, and yeh i got my firewalls off, and yes got sp2

Last edited: