ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wireless Keyboard doesn't work before OS!

Revo Stage 1 Leon FR
All of a sudden my wireless keyboard has stopped working before windows loads...

this means i can't select my OS on dual boot (have to wait for 20 sec timeout) or get into the BIOS!

Any idea what may have caused this ?!?!?!

Haven't downloaded any updates etc...

There's an option in the BIOS to enable USB input devices. Make sure that's set to ON. (you may need to use a plug in keyboard to get into the BIOS in the first place.)

Revo Stage 1 Leon FR
the strange thing is it worked before, all of a sudden it's just stopped working, so i'm assuming nothing in the BIOS settings could have changed ?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I never use wireless kit unless I really have to. Full of stupid, trivial issues like this - coupled with the recharge factor as well.

Stick with a USB keyboard - cables work. ;)

On this, it could be that the keyboard software was set to automatically update and has applied additional software without your knowledge? Check that in the Device Manager tab that Windows hasn't got a little confused and is detecting several different keyboards now - all with a yellow ! mark next to them?

D.

182FF with cup packs
Have you changed the USB port that the reciever is plugged into? I find my MS Reculsa only works at boot time from certain USB ports. It's usually to do with the amount of power they take (the reculsa is backlit, so draws more power than a normal keyboard).

Better than yours. C*nt.
I'm with Darren. My G19 isn't wireless and neither is my G9 - they're just the way nature intended.