ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

World of Warcraft

JB

RB 182 Cup
Haha I've never played WoW but that video is legendary! He became a massive 'celebrity' within the gaming world after that video right?

Are people really that serious when planning a raid or whatever that was? I can see why it's such a social game mind if you need teamwork like that to progress...

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
People spend like 10 years playing it 5 hours a day then another 10 at weekends so i'd say they get pretty serious.

182FF with cup packs
Haha I've never played WoW but that video is legendary! He became a massive 'celebrity' within the gaming world after that video right?

Are people really that serious when planning a raid or whatever that was? I can see why it's such a social game mind if you need teamwork like that to progress...

He did indeed become a massive gaming celebrity, Blizzard even added an achievement into the game called "Leeeeeeeeeeeeeroy!" if you manage to kill all the whelps within 15 secs, this also gets you the title of "Jenkins" (so your character can become "Smashfist Jenkins" (assuming your char was called Smashfist)).

The guild i was in was very social. We had our own forum, our own teamspeak server, we arranged real life meet ups (for instance, one in London we had people comming in from Greece, Romania, Sweden, France and Germany for 2 days of drinking, another where we went over to Paris and spent a day in EuroDisney and then the rest of it drinking).

If you're playing a game with the same group of 20 or 30 people several hours a day several days a week you get to know them extremly well, even if you've never met them face to face.

Actually running a guild is a nightmare. Imagine trying to get 25 people with the right setup to be ready all at the same time, all having read up about the encounter, made sure they have got the right consumables (i.e. potions & scrolls to give you extra damage/health etc).

Then you have to consider that it's no good just taking the top 25 players in the guild, you also need to consider that you need to take some of the lesser geared players so they can get better gear so they can step in if other players aren't available. You can't just take 25 heavy hitters otherwise they all die because no ne can heal them, but on the flip side, take to many healers and then you don't output enough damage to kill the boss in time. So to have a sucsessful raiding guild that can field 25 people when needed means you need to keep 40 or 50 or even more people happy and willing to work together, when I was last playing the guild I was in had about 60 actual members, but most of these people had 3 or 4 actual characters.

Nissan 350z
...currently transfering to Defias Brotherhood server.

My server! :nono:

I still play on and off. The guild i joined has died out and its taken its toll on my tolerence for the game again. I suppose just like everything its more about the people you play with rather than the game itself.

Lv80 Dranei Shadow Priest, 5.8k GS. Face melting is fuuuun :cool:

182FF with cup packs
Don't see the point TBH.

What's the point of any game? Or TV series? Or team based sport?

Why does any hobby you do have more point than someone playing WoW?

I always find it hilarious when people find out that i play(ed) WoW and say "how sad, you spend hours playing a computer game you geek", then when you ask them what they did last night they say "not much, watched eastenders, corrie and [insert name of s**tbox programme with some sort of phone in voting system]".

They consider playing a game for a couple of hours and actually conversing with real people and working together to achieve a goal is sadder than sitting in front of the TV all evening hardly talking to anyone, not using your brain in the slightest. :mad:

2.2 bar shed.
Played through T4-6.5 in Burning Crusade. Got 4/8 T6, next expansion came. Gave up. Still look pimp mind you, awesome stuff.

BTW, Enhancement Shammy FTW.

Last edited:
  Clio 182ff
WARNING: I did not know the touch of a woman for almost a year because of this game (thats bad at 23yrs!).

Step away, step away NOW!

172 - 249bhp @ the wheels
I'd say the game could comsume your life, well, I'll just do a number crunch on that real quick...

Yeah, 32.33 chance, (repeat of course) of turning you into a geek.

182FF with cup packs
WARNING: I did not know the touch of a woman for almost a year because of this game (thats bad at 23yrs!).

Step away, step away NOW!

Heh, I actually remember when I attuned to Molten Core back in the day, purely because it was the same day I first slept with my new girlfriend. :rasp:

Just got my attunement, hearthstoned, she knocked on the front door and we went upstairs and I knocked at her front door all evening. ;)

Clio 182ff
Heh, I actually remember when I attuned to Molten Core back in the day, purely because it was the same day I first slept with my new girlfriend. :rasp:

Just got my attunement, hearthstoned, she knocked on the front door and we went upstairs and I knocked at her front door all evening. ;)

WOW p**n - a new market :lolup:

2.2 bar shed.

UBRS was the biggest ball ache ever back in the day. PUG would fall apart half way through, and you'd be stuck doing the hard stuff with the decent few. Wierdly enough sometimes when everyone fucked off and left the decent people it became easier?

1.2 16v Clio
Played this from launch, got to 80 and then quit about 4 weeks into WOTLK... raiding was lame imo it was all about pvp :) got rank 3 2v2 in s1 on Blackout playing shammy/lock and in s2 got 2400 5v5 playing 2345.

Did PVP with the same group of people throughout playing, and the ones from england i go and see quite a bit or they come up here.. have a messy night on the lash

1.2 16v Clio
Do you dress up as wizards and dragons when you go out?

yes :rasp:

hah, in all seriousness though... a decent game but does take over your life if you want to play it properly, i used to sit in all day, i weighed like 14 stone at 5"8.

Soon as i passed my test and turned 18 my car became my main interest swell as goin out with my mates and the birds. I stopped playing, got a life.. lost about 3 stone and dont really play any games other than a COD on the Xbox with my mates now and again.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
BUMP

So I reinstalled this last night, and re-activated one of my 2 accounts. I haven't played since 2010, given that my Xbox One bores me, I though that I'd give this another go. I used to raid pretty seriously back in the day (was in the number one guild on my server, 99th in the world at one point, haha) but got burnt out in the end - hopefully it'll be a bit more casual this time.

Anyone still playing this?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Tried one of the Molten servers through a recommendation of a friend. He had that repetitive addiction personality where things like mining was the majority of his time spent in the game.

Must have been on about 30 minutes. Saw the appeal to people who like it - but it wasn't for me.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I seem to pick it up every few years for like 3 months and then drop it again

EVE though, EVE is a drug that never goes away

DCi
I always liked the idea of EVE but never had the time to put into it. Never bothered with WoW though.

Football manager is my addiction. I've nearly got Blyth Spartans into the premier league :D

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Well, I've tinkered about with it. Much, much improved on what it was like before!