ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

would i be spat open if i purchased a black top vtr?

DUB mk2 golf gti!
thinking about it, allso thinking s1 rallye inlet,cams,full system,re-mapd!nice little 115bhp shed!lol not rear seats!and 1.1 badges!lol:evil:

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER
oh, i never consider insurance. all mine is on the company acc. anything up to 250 grand :approve:

98 brake silvertop (2000on - cat in manifold, 3plug ecu) has different inlet port spacing to 106 rallye and the 90brake silvertop(>90 cat in mid section) / 90bhp blacktop

you also say cams...

theres only one cam in an 8v single over head cam engine.. lol

rallye cam wont fit 98bhp models as they have roller type rockers and rallye is on non roller type.

DUB mk2 golf gti!
yes i kno about the funking engine.3 plug ecu,anddifferent throttle body b****cks!and when i said cams, i ment as in a different choice of cams!eg piper,kent,ashley! JUST SAYING I RECKON I CAN GET 115-120 BRAKE OUT OF IT!AND NO I DNT WANT A GTI OR VTS CANT AFFORD IT. ive also made a anti chav sticker to stick in the back window!it mite ease my conscience!i think there fun little cars!just other plp sterotype!:mad:

calm down. you seem full of aggression.. might pay to get some councelling.

i had piper 285 (not true 285 duration but branded 285 road/rally cam) - no matter what you adjust the tappets to.. it makes the engine sound like a ford CVH.. :(

insurance on a tuned vtr will cost more than a standard VTS and will not be quicker..
spend 2k to tune a vtr to 130bhp and the VTS will still be quicker...

DUB mk2 golf gti!
insurance companys dont tend to look at camshafts!or in this case a camshaft.so will only tell um bout the things blatently visable!:evil:

As father and son....
insurance companys dont tend to look at camshafts!or in this case a camshaft.so will only tell um bout the things blatently visable!:evil:

im sure insurance companies dont have mechanical assessors :rolleyes:

loving your sentence construction, so straightforward to read. Incidentally trying to get one over Mr Insurance w ill invariably end in tears

DUB mk2 golf gti!
hey its not like im planning on dropping a 16v in! that would obvouisly be visable at a crash site,i do actually know sum1 tht stupid who has actually done that and not told the insurance comapany.he also has extremly stupid rich parents.

wouldnt be hard to check the camshaft if its serious accident. its stamped on the end that its a piper 285..

C250 AMG & 172 Cup
The dudewas just asking your opinions of that car, not your stand on insurace all though they are valid comments yes, i dont think that is the information he is looking for.

If he wants to run that risk that is ok, im not saying its good. But ive never declared things like cam/s, ported + Polished head etc....

I say go for it, if you can afford id try get my hands on a nice little 106 rallye just because im a 106 fan and there already nice and light....good luck and keep us updated.