ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

X-172 progress

ballistic jap missile!!!
as you may or may not have noticed i've been on here for a bit and thought it about time i shared my progress with y'all,i've oned numerous clio valvers but this is the first and may well be the last! 172 i've owned,it came to me as a finance repo (not hpi registered!) with a few problems,firstly it had a stealth exhaust which had lost its way a little bit as it was so unstealth due to parting company with its baffles it made your ears bleed!,it may have been hidden but you could tell it were there!
next up were the belts needed doing,much swearing and bleeding later they're done.
the bonnet was stone chipped and peeling laquer quite badly so for now it was sprayed in a guide coat in prep for paint but dont mind it as it is,tidier than before!!
it has a few mods such as a blue flame to replace the stealth,grp n ecu,flowed manifolds,little headwork and cams,next up are 182 manifold and link pipe courtesy of ben-p!,
omex,itb's and wilder cams are hopefulls unless i'm met with a decent offer to sell!!!!
i keep changing it cosmetically but still remain undecided.

how it started,not mine but the same as,apoligies to whoevers pic i've poached!
Photo-0022.gif

and next a wheel colour change
2.gif

next came more boredom!.........from
SP_A0467.gif

to this........
SP_A0466.gif

and finally this....
SP_A0470.gif

next up came lowering on apex springs,ignore the flat tyer is been sat for a bit!
SP_A0504.gif

and pressed plates
SP_A0505.gif

then i'm not sure what happened here,i thought i'd like this look untill i done it,they lasted 3 days before they were off!
SP_A0474.gif

anyway thats the story so far,cosmetic plans include bonnet painting,an upgrade to 16's,and maybe a little extra styling;)

comments and opinions welcome boys and girls:cool:

ballistic jap missile!!!
yup,thought they were better than that tbh but when they came the ren sport weren't even in the correct font,hey ho you live an learn:(

ballistic jap missile!!!
latest modification,i know it wont be to everyones taste but i've had the nod of approval off winston so cant be all bad,has raised the gearing a bit but in reality they've improved the scrabbling issues and dont handle any worse than the 15's
Image081.gif

Image078.gif

Image079.gif

comments if you like:)

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
i like mate but shouldnt the sport badge be under the reanult badge not clio? its that way on mine

ballistic jap missile!!!
i like mate but shouldnt the sport badge be under the reanult badge not clio? its that way on mine

its also under the renault on the wifes but i was under the impression they were held in by pins but theres no sign of holes under the renault badge:S