ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenons not the same height

So I recently got my Xenon's in and working but only when I've been driving I noticed this problem.

There is nothing broken inside them and all the bolts holding the headlight in place, are properly secured.

photo1_zps97947c41.jpg

As you can see from the above that the left light seems to be lower than the right light. Any ideas?
Heres a couple more images showing the difference in height.

photo2_zpsc252a2b5.jpg

photo3_zps94d13f29.jpg

dan's cast offs.
they need adjusting, allen key fitting on the rear of the light on the inner wing side.

Clio Sport 1.2 8v
The headlamps need adjusting' on mine there's a metal rod with a hex on the end behind the headlamp near where the bulb goes' this will need tightening at one side or loosening at the other etc. My idea anyway

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
A lot of people don't realise how easy xenon lamps can be "beam set".

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Well you use a machine. Ie what MOT testers etc use. It's not a big deal aslong as they're level and not pointing to the sky.

dan's cast offs.
not 100% on this but if you measure from the ground to the middle of the dip beam, mark a line on a wall at that height and then set the beam to line up from 1 metre away from the wall.

(i think it's a metre anyway?)