ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

xeonon problems

turbo 182
hi there my passenger side xenon dipped beam is flickering on and off sometimes, sometimes itl completly go out, sometimes its fine, also it isnt as bright as the drivers side and also looks as if its either sitting higher or lower than the drivers side whilst driving in the dark theres a gap on the road that also isnt getting much light, will replacement bulbs be the answer or is it something more serious? thanks

renault clio 1.4 16v
normally the controll box goes, if u can (i know its a mission) swap the bulbs over, if it still flickers on the same side then you need to check the wiring and controll box, caps...

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds like it's most likely the ballast or the igniter, usually if the bulbs go they go pink beforehand.

As above, swap bits from one side to the other and when the fault moves over to the other side then hey presto, you've found the culprit.

As for the height, check the servo on that side is working, and whether it is engaged with the clip on the headlight.

turbo 182
Thanks for the help ill have ago when I get chance, if it is the ballast or ignighter is it a full new headlamp ill need? Thanks

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
No, you can change the igniters and ballasts seperately. The igniter is the one on the back of the bulb, and the other box is the ballast.

turbo 182
Sounds like it's most likely the ballast or the igniter, usually if the bulbs go they go pink beforehand.

As above, swap bits from one side to the other and when the fault moves over to the other side then hey presto, you've found the culprit.

As for the height, check the servo on that side is working, and whether it is engaged with the clip on the headlight.
just checked mate and the bulb is alot more dull/pink looking so could it just be the bulb thats the issue? Thanks

172 berg, Fabia VRS
I got a pair of 6000k replacements for £16 from hids- direct. Delivered next day too.
had no problems so far with them.