ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Y is this happing

Dirty MK5 Golf.....
Hi all well been wondering where the water has been goin in my girls ph2 172? its not over heating the water bottle is like wet (from the lid it is tight tho 2nd lid iv used )where the pressure is blowing it bk iv had a look today and there was no thermostat in it so iv put a new 1 in. so now im hopeing the water wont leak from the lid no more any help you guys can give me will be of help.......

Thanks for lookin

Bing

Dirty MK5 Golf.....
Hi Tony there are no other signs (mayo--oil in water bottle no loss of power) the only other thing that is wrong there is no cold air when u turn it on in the car.

Thanks for the help

bing

Dirty MK5 Golf.....
So what u think i should do bleed the hole syetem?(take all pipes off). Can they pressure bleed it if i took it to a garage and what do you think that would cost?

Thanks again 4 the replys

Bing

Dirty MK5 Golf.....
Hi fred thanks for the reply..... well today my girl went out she hit the bypass and started to speed up as she looked down the temp gage was goin stright to the top so she bked off and it started to go down to half way never went under half. So she was curiusing at 60mph and it on half way she then put her foot down and the temp gage went stright up again this time right to the top at which point the stop sign come on so she backed off down to 50mph and the temp gage went bk down to half and the stop sign went off. So when she stopped she had a look to see if there was water in her and there was so this is puzzling me now she even let it tick over to see what happend but it just stayed on half like always im goin to change the coolent temp sensor the weekend and see if that helps the only thing done to cause this was put a thermostat in before this part went in there was no worries about the temp gage goin up . im VERY worried the head gasket is goin on her but there are no signs off this?

Thanks for lookin

Bing

Clio MK2 1.4 16v
I had a similar experience in another car and the faulty part for the temp was the thermostat.

Probs yours is faulty?

Mine was stuck half way open. when idling the temp was right but as soon as you tried to move it, the temp would go rocket high.

Dirty MK5 Golf.....
Hi all little update.... well the car has had a water leak and i thought it was the water pump so today i had abit of time. So i went out to the car and let her tick over and i could see the coolent goin down fast but not coming out on to the floor so at this im puzzled so as i looked down at the rad it was all wet on the runner what it sits on so a lil smile come on my face coz id found the leak. As i looked closer on the passenger side of the rad half way down between the bottom rad pipe and the top pipe there is like a big screw and this was loose i never had the right tool to do it back up does anybody no the size? i did manage to do it up tight but id like to have the right tool to do it right. So after i done it up tight i took the car out and no problems at all... Well happy now just got to get the cambelt- depaser-water pump done now already asked fred for a price so should be done in a few weeks....

Thanks for lookin

Bing