ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yoko Parada Spec 2 Experience

Clio 172 Exclusive (#128)
Got my 172 a couple of weeks ago and it has brand new Yoko Parada Spec 2s on the front. Has anybody else had any experience with these??

In the dry they are excellent. However, I find that even on a semi-damp road, getting the power down in 1st and 2nd (and sometimes 3rd) isn't possible. Had a few (very!) hairy mid-corner / roundabout moments last week:dead:

Gonna shift the Yokos to the back and get some new shoes on the front. Can anyone recommend a good all-weather tyre. I'm half considering Potenza's / PZeros...?

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Picture2088.jpg

thats how mine ended..

dunno if you can get them in your size but michalin pilot sports the vee has seem good

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
I've just fitted Conti Sport Contact 3's to mine. Loads of grip in dry and wet conditions also especially good thru standing water.

RB 182 Cup
at the minute i have kumho ku31's. Was out today on the wet greasey roads and didnt manage to get it to slide atall. In the dry they are even better. would recommend these too

Octavia vRS tfsi
I have Paradas at the moment, and rest-a-bloody-sured, I will never, ever, e-v-e-r buy them again.
Nor will I ever be even tempted to recommend them to anyone else. Shite.

I would be quite wary of shifting them to the back. Try and sell them completely and buy something better.

in the summer and on track they are brilliant, they just struggle with standing and heavy water. bit like asking how the 888's are. not really designed for mucky, wet winters

but in the summer they last long and get right sticky if u push them.

i will buy again

M2 Competition
Got my 172 a couple of weeks ago and it has brand new Yoko Parada Spec 2s on the front. Has anybody else had any experience with these??

In the dry they are excellent. However, I find that even on a semi-damp road, getting the power down in 1st and 2nd (and sometimes 3rd) isn't possible. Had a few (very!) hairy mid-corner / roundabout moments last week:dead:

Gonna shift the Yokos to the back and get some new shoes on the front. Can anyone recommend a good all-weather tyre. I'm half considering Potenza's / PZeros...?

Replace all 4. moving them to the back is a recipe for gripless disaster in the winter.

Great dry track tyres though...

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Spec 2's are brill in the dry!! Few come close. Never drove them in the wet.

PE2's are very over rated.

M2 Competition
Spec 2's are brill in the dry!! Few come close. Never drove them in the wet.

PE2's are very over rated.

Any form of water at all theyre great fun, smooth roundabouts can be taken sideways at very low speeds.

All yokos seem to be crap in the wet, both current and historical lol

Great soft compound for dry weather but poo when it rains!

Eagle F1 GSD2 or 3 FTMFW

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I have Paradas, in the snow they are, erm....'fun'

Clio 172 Exclusive (#128)
A mate had Toyo's on his gti-6 and I found them lacking grip (and feel) when I drove it.

Settled on Eagle F1's all round, gonna book it in tomorrow.

Cheers for the comments lads.

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
Got Toyo T1-s's on the back of my 182 and they've never once lost grip.

Goodyear Eagle F1's have always been high on my list, and PE2's did the job on my original wheels.