ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

York raceway, Easter weekend Sunday 24th

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Thought some of you NE members may be interested in a cheap fun day out at York raceway. The first meeting of the season is on Easter weekend 24/25th April. Both days have RWYB (Run What You Brung) events, Easter Monday 25th looks the better day in terms of events IMO but I'm free to go either day if others prefer.

For those who've never been its £12.50 to get in. Then £30 to race (unlimited runs). Obviously the amount of runs you get depends on other events on the day and amount of cars doing RWYB. If you get there early and leave late you should get at least 10 runs. All you need is your driving licence and a crash helmet. Crash helmets are available there free if you don't own one. Your car will also have to undergo scrutineering in order to race. This consists of checks on tyres, battery, seatbelts etc. If your car is stripped make sure theres no sharp edges etc. and long sleeves are recommended.

The gates open at 8.30 and scrutineeing/signing up isn't till 9.00 which is handy as it takes 30 mins to get down the shocking 'road' to the track!;)
The track opens at 9.30 and you generally get some practice time before events start. Track shuts at 5.30-6.30 and its normally good to stay late as you get back to back runs after the events finish and theres no classes, so you race whats next in the cue:cool:

I attended a few meets last year and its a great day out if the weather behaves. It would be good to see some more Renault Sport Clios there this year as they can definately hold their own.
If anyones interested in coming lets see which day would be best and we can organise some meeting points and times.

Link to York raceway site; http://www.yorkraceway.org.uk/index.html

Info of ali_warriner

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Re: York Raceway on Easter Weekend

I'm up for this if my engine is run in by then

1. Chris205 - 1/4 mile or spectating

ph1 172

Thanks for putting this up Geedes. Hopefully we'll get some nice weather for it.

Run in Chris? You weren't hanging about on the way back from South Shields;)

2. Ali_warriner - 1/4 mile for sure!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things

It blew up the day after mate, that was the first time I'd really enjoyed the power again after covering 350 miles in it

Need to get it rebuilt now though :(

Thanks for putting this up Geedes. Hopefully we'll get some nice weather for it.

Run in Chris? You weren't hanging about on the way back from South Shields;)

3. Lindleyp - 1/4 mile!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Will link this up to the yorkshire section, a few may be interested :)

ph1 172

It blew up the day after mate, that was the first time I'd really enjoyed the power again after covering 350 miles in it

Need to get it rebuilt now though :(

Bad times. Run it in on the strip. It'll be reet!

Good to see a few people interested in this.

Cheers Mike the more the merrier:approve:

172 cup

Spectating and photographs for me, I'm in :)Would be great if I could hitch a lift with someone if possible?

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things

can jump in with me if it's back on the road mate

182 trophy

really want to get along to this but will have to wait to see if i have the money...

Trophy Turbo :)

3. Lindleyp - 1/4 mile!
4. Andyrg - Why not!!! ( i can only do the sunday working bank hol monday :(

E92 M3

1.Chris205 - 1/4 mile or spectating
3. Lindleyp - 1/4 mile!
4. Andyrg - Why not!!! ( i can only do the sunday working bank hol monday
5. scott1205 - i will have a go at the 1/4 mile aswel.

can you do a high speed run here or not, dieing to see what i can get top end?

ph1 172

I'll have a word with geddes to change the title to Sunday 24th April if everyones happy with that?

I'll put up some meeting points and times tonight also.

Scott1205; No high speed runs at york I'm afraid. Elvington strip down the road from York does on certain days.

ph1 172
I've had a quick nosey on google maps and put together 2 meeting points for Sunday April 24th.

Wolviston Services, Billingham TS22 5PZ 6.30am

McCoys Hotel, Northallerton DL6 3JB 7.00am

No doubt it'll be a bit later than 7am by the time we all get met up and ready to go. So this will give us a good hour and a half to get there so we can get signed up early ready for practice:approve:

Hope this suits everyone.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Yea I'm up for this some1 add my name please.
Ha you've changed your name. Hows the ph1 running, last time I spoke to dave he said you'd just got the engine in. I can't wait to see GCL again I miss it :(

Bg182 bitsa,thisthat
Yea iv done a few mile without the boost on, getting mapped next week so should be all done in a few weeks, might give it a full lash next month paints getting a bit tatty, add my name too list

ph1 172
Done :)

1.Chris205 - 1/4 mile or spectating
3. Lindleyp - 1/4 mile!
4. Andyrg - Why not!!! ( i can only do the sunday working bank hol monday
5. scott1205 - i will have a go at the 1/4 mile aswel.
6. Owen:s - 1/4 mile

SG9 Forester STi
If it wasn't so sodding far I'd have definitely ran at this :(. Nevermind will wait for north Weald in may.

Clio 172 Phase 1
May be tempted, standard car ftw :p

The road it total s**t though I agree, would not be surprised if people have broke their cars driving on it!!!

ph1 172
May be tempted, standard car ftw :p

The road it total s**t though I agree, would not be surprised if people have broke their cars driving on it!!!

Get your name down mate. Standard Ph1 will be fine.

Just remove rear and passenger seats etc. the day before.

I was getting 14.1s last year with breather mods and stripped rear:approve:

Cant make it this easter, My cars broken again, Belts have slipped! Hopefully will be fixed by then though!

Ali, If my cars still broken and i cant make it myself you can borrow my seats if you like and make a propper day of quarter miles being ridiculously lightweight and all.. :D

ph1 172
Thanks for the offer Pete but I've just bought a clio subframe from the scrappy to retro fit to my cobra seat so will be running that this year.

You can catch a ride with me though if your cars not fixed and we'll just dump the passenger seat behiend a caravan again;)

Thanks for the offer Pete but I've just bought a clio subframe from the scrappy to retro fit to my cobra seat so will be running that this year.

You can catch a ride with me though if your cars not fixed and we'll just dump the passenger seat behiend a caravan again;)
haha, yeah sounds like a plan, hopefully foxy brings my car back to life tonight, if not il come along in yours with you :D Cheers

ph1 172
Me to Andy. Looking forward to seeing 'the red rocket' also.:approve:

I really hope the weathers dry. Got beat by a landrover defender last time in the wet.

Bg182 bitsa,thisthat
A defender!! Was he on the feild at the side, bet he didn't have any probs with the road round the back

ph1 172
Ha yeah perfect vehicle for York raceway tbh.

It was the first race and there was loads of standing water. I was very heavy footed and span in every gear and aquaplaned lots:eek:

Just noticed your running boooost, SC or turbo? Hopefully be 3 boosted Clios attending this now then:approve:

Bg182 bitsa,thisthat
Only 2 weeks away and my car still ain't back on the road,, many more of use lot going ???

Bg182 bitsa,thisthat
Oh sorry Ali, I'm running turbo full megane set up with Clio box been having few little probs but getting there now, don't think will be at full boost but we will c ha ha

ph1 172
Weathers looking good for this one with the april 'heatwave'.

Similar set up to andyrg then owen? I'm sure it'll still be rapid on low boost.

Mines giving me a few problems atm aswell, need a new nsf hub and ball joint before this.

I'm feeling the pressure of competing with the booost boys so I've modified a rear bumper from the scrappy for this event for less drag and laughs;)

View attachment 55110

Don't be copying like. Patent pending ;)

Bg182 bitsa,thisthat
Yea similar too andys but with megane block, me and Andy might have a few more little tricks by then too !!!

ph1 172
Great news for any N/A 2.0 litre Clio's attending this. I've just recieved a newsletter through from york raceway about the new classes system for 2011.

Class C is now 1600cc to 1999cc with no turbo/nitrous or supercharger. Last year it was 1600cc turbo and upto 1999cc N/A.

I came 5th out of 18 last time and the 4 cars above were 1600 turbo cars. So I expect the Clios to be very competetive this year:approve:

View attachment 55268

MERCEDES CLS AMG
York is a dangerous s**t hole and i wouldnt recommend anyone take their car there. The farmer that owns the airfield refuses to spend any money on modernising the place but still charges silly admission fees and running fees. The track is covered in gravel which is extremely dangerous when running a high powered car. On site facilities are piss poor and you need a Hummer to get down the entrance road.

I boycotted York back in 2005 - Save your money and go to the Pod / Shakespeare.

ph1 172
I agree with what your saying Matt and mentioned most of the above in my OP. I've heard alot of people say the same aswell.

But lets not forget most of us are running circa 170bhp Clios not exactly high powered cars. I go beacause its my local and in my eyes a cheap day out.

I remember seeing your Clio TT down there Matt years ago before I came on this forum. It was orange then and sporting a large intercooler:cool: