ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yorkshire/midlands Meet - Castleford Xscape - 23/01/10

S4 Avant
It's still ginger though. And since when? Pics?

Blatantly hiding your jealousy :rasp:

Splitter is as of last night, finally got round to fitting it. Pics are on the camera, and I may post them up at some point, if I can be arsed.

182 Trophy
Was going to drop you a text and see what you wanted to do, can always meet at Woodall at 12:30 and then I'll get one of the gayz to one bell me as they're coming past and we can jump out and catch up/overtake :cool:.

Tibshelf is between 28 and 29 and Woodall 30 and 31 IIRC.

yeah that would be great, thats fine with me, ill see you at woodall at 12.30 :cool:

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I'll be coming to this. I'll be coming down the M62 from the East. Ideally i'd like to meet up with someone so i'm not driving round and round xscape trying to find you lot on my own!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Waitey said:
I'll be coming to this. I'll be coming down the M62 from the East. Ideally i'd like to meet up with someone so i'm not driving round and round xscape trying to find you lot on my own!

Ring gregg and get him to come?!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Seems the yorkshire lot are meeting at a pub on the way so i'll see what i can do. If not i'll text grag and if needs be i'll pick him up.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
I may have missed half this thread but what are we doing at Xscape? :eek:

Bowling and stuff is fine however if i try snowbording i'm bound to end up in a ambulance and seeing as Gray lives nearest to me he'll have to drive my car home! :dapprove:

182 & Porsche 986
i'm coming my car is fixed :D

what time are you meeting at xscape for the meet? not the snowboarding and stuff..

172 cup
Im not coming to this now Luke with having the Manc one the week after and Ive got stuff to do saturday now

Hope its a good one though

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Dunno what we are donig when we get there... Everyone is getting there at the same time - Around 1PM - snowboarding is much much later on if people are bothered about diong that but im getting off about 3-4pm. Think the plan is a drive out somewhere. Would be handy if anyone local knew of some decent roads...

Last edited:

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I may have missed half this thread but what are we doing at Xscape? :eek:

Bowling and stuff is fine however if i try snowbording i'm bound to end up in a ambulance and seeing as Gray lives nearest to me he'll have to drive my car home! :dapprove:

I will drive your car home! I know you don't know me but you can trust me honest:evil:

Also were you anywhere near Leicester today? Saw a V6 and trophy giving it beans (see spotted tread)

182 & Porsche 986
1AM :p i thought people were doing going boarding first thats all, I don't know castleford much but i used to live in ponte so i might think of some roads. :)

DMS

A thirsty 172
I definitely won't be coming to this now. I've been asked to work all this weekend and 12+ hours at double time is more important to me than a snowboarding lesson / bowling / standing around in a car park. I should be at the next one though :)

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
I will drive your car home! I know you don't know me but you can trust me honest:evil:

Also were you anywhere near Leicester today? Saw a V6 and trophy giving it beans (see spotted tread)

Haha nope wasnt me caught racing for a change!

Bus w**ker
Dunno what we are donig when we get there... Everyone is getting there at the same time - Around 1PM - snowboarding is much much later on if people are bothered about diong that but im getting off about 3-4pm. Think the plan is a drive out somewhere. Would be handy if anyone local knew of some decent roads...
I'll be mincing off to get fitted for my boots about 4pm and then booked on for my lesson at 8pm. Plenty to keep me occupied inbetween. You not bothering with boarding now Luke?

Bus w**ker
Ah well :(. I'm gonna sort a proper CS snow stuff trip in a few months (when I can actually board without stabiliser lol) and may open up the invite for my trip away in January 2011 to where ever I decide to go in the end.

Bus w**ker
Awesome, from the looks of peoples posts in this thread a fair few are into it. Will either be Cas Xscape or CFe in the next couple of months. Will post something up closer to the time though.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Im up for a snow meet defiantly! If we can do it on a ramps and rails night that would be sweet.

Bus w**ker
Im up for a snow meet defiantly! If we can do it on a ramps and rails night that would be sweet.
If there's a park night available mate I'd be aiming for that just to add a bit of variety...although it will probably be my first so if I land it off the smallest kicker I'd be surprised :eek:.

Both Cas and CFe do Park nights every Friday night and cost about £30 for two hours. TBH I'd probably pick Cas though just because it's closer for most people round here and sometimes has an airbag night on when it's Park. :eek:

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
If there's a park night available mate I'd be aiming for that just to add a bit of variety...although it will probably be my first so if I land it off the smallest kicker I'd be surprised :eek:.

Both Cas and CFe do Park nights every Friday night and cost about £30 for two hours. TBH I'd probably pick Cas though just because it's closer for most people round here and sometimes has an airbag night on when it's Park. :eek:

Never done an airbag, but sounds like fun! The ramps and rails are usually set up so you can ride on side of the slope as normal and the other has the stuff set up. Think they usually play music and stuff on the slope!

There are usually better riders around for these nights and I can't stress enough that watching other people is a great way to learn and pick things up. Its pretty much how I learnt to ride.

Bus w**ker
TBH my first time on a Park night would probably be a coaching session, costs the same as normal riding IIRC and would at least help me get some of the basics down without breaking my neck or picking up bad habits. But I'll worry about that once I can actually ride LOL

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
okay, who is going to meet me, if anyone, at Tibshelf service station. I don't wanna get there and wait around to find everyone else are somewhere else!:dapprove:

S4 Avant
I'm sure it'll get sorted tonight/tomorrow morning.

I'd have thought the M1 convoy will be making scheduled stops. and it would help if people could be early, as at the last stoke meet, we finally got there about 2 hours late.

through no fault of my own :eek:

Bus w**ker
LOL god help you if you're late now Dave. ;)

Anyway, I'll be at Woodall at 12:30 to meet Joe and then trying to join up with the Gay-Unit on the M1 when they finally get around to leaving Gray's...so about 3 after Dave has arrived, been to get fuel, fixed something that's fell off his car and then straightened his lovely locks.