ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Youtube never works on ipad

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Does anyone else have this issue? Youtube plays for a few seconds then stops, doesn't matter how long i wait, it wont load and play for more than a few seconds a time. Really frustrating as this is a big part of what id like to use this for.

could it be due to the internet we have or an actual iPad issue?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Even the website is more or less the same. Really annoying, potential internet problem? We are with Sky, not sure how well they are known to be for internet.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
What quality you streaming on? I have just under 2mb connection so streaming 720 doesn't work. I have to stream at lower.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
What quality you streaming on? I have just under 2mb connection so streaming 720 doesn't work. I have to stream at lower.
Im really not sure Seb? Is that something that would be in the setting on my iPad or on youtube? I haven't changed anything, just eitherusing the app or logging into the site and it wont work like it should.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
When you playa vid there is like a little cog below the video. You can choose settings in that.

Tbh, the yt app never works for me. Just like you. Doesn't work on either iPhone or iPad. But I just use yt through safari and it works fine as long as I don't watch HD quality videos 720 and above.

However, when I go to my parents who have a 13mb connection they will work fine. My conclusions is it comes down to the connection. I am sky as well but my download is normally 1.9mb. Was up to 2.5mb a few weeks ago but now gone back down.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
When you playa vid there is like a little cog below the video. You can choose settings in that.

Tbh, the yt app never works for me. Just like you. Doesn't work on either iPhone or iPad. But I just use yt through safari and it works fine as long as I don't watch HD quality videos 720 and above.

However, when I go to my parents who have a 13mb connection they will work fine. My conclusions is it comes down to the connection. I am sky as well but my download is normally 1.9mb. Was up to 2.5mb a few weeks ago but now gone back down.

cheers for that Seb, quite a bit of info i didn't know about. How would i know what connection we are getting from sky?

Il have a play around on it through safari and see if i can it working properly.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Download the speedtest app for pad. See what speed your download is.

Yaris Hybrid
I remember when I downloaded the app I found it ran better through the site than the app. However that was only when I tested it just after I got the app.

Also my ISP (Virgin) are sh*te and had been having horrendous troubles with youtube buffering.

You could get 100mb on speedtest but it would buffer any youtube video over 480.

720 and 1080p were unusable for ages. It would work for a second and then stop and be buffering forever.

By accessing youtube via a free proxy though it would completely load an entire 1080 video in seconds. I don't know much about they route traffic etc but there was something going on there. I mean it would often stream fine on my Apple TV but the PC was useless.

I wonder if the traffic when using the youtube app is being handled differently to when using the website?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Any idea why its so low then? Does it depend on the price i pay for the internet package or does it not work like that?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Do you live in a village/the country?

Any rural places have crap speed due to being so far away from the exchanges. Not a lot you can do tbh if that is the case.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Do you live in a village/the country?

Any rural places have crap speed due to being so far away from the exchanges. Not a lot you can do tbh if that is the case.

No, the opposite to that really.At the entrance to our street a one of those new green box things was installed and has a large sticker on about some special broadband, maybe that fibre optic thing? Il check when i next go past what it says.