ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Zip Files

Maz

LY 200
Silly question but I aint got a clue :eek:

I have a folder with some pics in that I want to zip and e-mail to someone please can anyone help me ??

Maz said:
Silly question but I aint got a clue :eek:

I have a folder with some pics in that I want to zip and e-mail to someone please can anyone help me ??

Right-click the folder. Should be there, if not download winzip or winrar or similar

Maz

LY 200
Trying to add it to the e-mail now and it keeps saying can not find server ??

Anyone know what thats all about please ?? :)

Full Fat 182
Seems to be working alright for me so im counting out it being a Hotmail problem, are you working behind a firewall or had issues with your connection?

Maz

LY 200
Hmmmmm possible firewall .. no connection issues

Zip file is 29.6 MB is that too big to send on e-mail ??

Maz said:
Hmmmmm possible firewall .. no connection issues

Zip file is 29.6 MB is that too big to send on e-mail ??
What does hotmail tell you the maximum file attachment size is? Also if it's that big and you don't have a fast upload speed, you could be experiencing server timeout issues.

UR 197, AB 182 FF
you will be better off trying an upload service such as yousendit.com or putfile.com

Full Fat 182
Got a feeling, depending on how long you've had your hotmail account, there is a limit of 10mb per email.... Tho it would normally just state that rather than kicking you out with an error message.

Perhaps split the amount of files in the zip and send in a few emails, or try zipping just 1 file and sending that...

Maz

LY 200
They are jpegs .. Can I put the zip file into putfile and send that way ?? like I have with a video etc ??

UR 197, AB 182 FF
Maz said:
They are jpegs .. Can I put the zip file into putfile and send that way ?? like I have with a video etc ??

Sure can. that will be your best bet.

You could resize the images, that may make things easier. do they have to be in such a high resolution/quality?

Maz

LY 200
They have to be high res as they are for a newsletter ..

Please can someone explain to me (idiots guide) the best way to do this ??

Why not send them one at a time.
If you can reduce the picture size then open the pictures in paint then go to Imgage-. Sketch/Skew -> then enter a percentage reduction in the horizontal and vertical size (has to be the same % otherwise the picture will not look right) then click ok and save the picture if you reduce in size by 50% horizontal and 50% vertical will make a file about one quarter the size.

If you can delete some of the picture like I did here
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=139039 then the file will get smaller.