ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

zymol?

New Kangoo Van!
anyone know much about the range of zymol products? (apart from that they r bloody expensive) or any good paintwork polish for that matter! cheers guys

M135i
good products, but they have given themselves a bad name regarding their snobbish behavior of late.

but yes, i do think the large amount of money for the same ingredients you can get from the man at DelMonte is quite bad.

Lee

BMW M2C
I've always used Zymol Titanium on the Trophy and been very happy with it. Listen to Rich though, he'll be able to recommend products which are as good if not better for a fraction of the cost.

106 GTi
I have a few Zymol Waxes, the entry level Carbon, Titanium that Lee mentions, as well as some of the higher end ones.

Carbon I am not a big fan, waxes that are half the price are easier on and off, and produce better looking results. The Titanuim looks nothing special looks wise but is currently on my daily drive and beading strongly after 4 months so it is durable. Over one layer of sealant it is lasting very well. Impressed.

What's your budget ? I can talk about the higher end products aswell but then we are talking over 100 quid a pot ?

Personally on a more modest budget I would looks at Swissvax Onyx as my all round choice of wax, looks great on any colour and is easy to use. If I could own just wax it would be the Onyx.

Other close alternatives at less money still would be Dodo Juice and Chemical Guys 50/50. Choices also depend on the colour of your car.

Mito Sportiva 135
Not tried half as many waxes as Rich but got the Onyx on his recommendation and it is the nuts. Maybe if I had a show car which never got driven there would be some additional benefit in getting a "top end" wax but for the money its brilliant.

If you have slightly less though I would go for the Chemical Guys 50/50, although there is lots of praise around for Dodo Wax and Victorias Wax now too. Plenty to choose from other than Zymol, which seem overpriced to me.

106 GTi
The higher end waxes don't seem to add much looks wise over the Onyx to be fair, my BOS, Mystery and even Zymol Destiny add very little looks wise that the Onyx can't - there durability should though be there strong point over it. I am tempted to Mystery the daily hack just as a test lol !

I used Saphir on my mates Mustang, he does not really do cleaning and it is holding up superbly - no sealant base either.