ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.6 16v Mods

Standard at the moment, have been doing alot of motorway miles over the last couple of moths so its not been worth it. Still quite quick though 8.5 0-60 as timed by Rhys.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

isnt standard 9.6...dont c how u got that! downhill with wind at back?!? LOL

Dont always believe the figures you are quoted. I timed it using Rhys AP-22 and GPS 8.5sec 0-60 and 23.99sec to 100. This was also with 2 in the car!

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

how much was that smit?? much performance gains? whats the noise like? u got any pics?

182 cup pack

In my renault Ive done a lot of things...

It now pulls 140hp and 17,4 kg of torgue.

Ive measured a lot of times the 0-60(with a performance meter) and the best effort was 8,03 sec.(time for 0-45 was 6,52 sec) Ive done 8,11 and 8,2 two other times...The thing is to start ur car at around 3000 rpm in order not to hang anywhere...

Ive raced a Rs with bmc induction kit,remaped ecu and excaust(177 hp and 21,1 kg torgue as measured at dyno)and till the end of the second gear we were going the same but after the 3rd gear entered it made 2 cars difference from me(Bloody cybic centimeters...)

Now Im expecting a new inlet manifold(hand made)-when I install it Ill tell y the results(I hope that in 2 months from now Ill be able to tell u more),and the throttle from Megane 2,0 16v 140hp..With these plus the remapping I hope to reach 150 hp and 19 kg of torgue.

If u need any infos regarding the mods,or any pics send me a pm.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

mate send me the pics and ill put em up also a list of mods would be mint mate!

Hey I also have a ramcharger , 60 mm drop all round , and some wheels, looking for other mods but cant really find anything good horses for pounds if you know what i mean

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

The 1.6 16v is supposed to be a good engine, nice space for a BMC cda in the engine bay, a cat back exhaust and decat along with a uni chip etc should see them shift ~ 130bhp??

My car was originally a phase II 1.2 16v, now fitted with a K4M engine.

Along with the engine swap some performance changes were made:

Simota induction kit (the same that K-Tec sells, as posted by david_129)
Supersprint 4-1 manifold
Supersprint cat replacer
Remus "cat-back" exhaust
Clio I 1.2 (E7J) gearbox (JB1-046)
OZ Superleggera rims (each one is 3.6kg/7.9lbs lighter than the stock ones!)

Im now planning on having my ECU remapped, dont know if its worth it though.

Ive done two 0-100kph (~0-62mph) tests, 7.9s measured at 100kph by the speedometer, 8.1s measured at ~105kph/65mph (to eliminate speedometer reading error), this with two people in the car.

Note that my car is quite lighter than the stock 1.6 16v (measured 1011kg/2229lbs with full tank of gas), and at the time of testing it had 1/8th of the fuel in the tank and no rear seats (I dont use them so Ive removed them permanently), bringing the figure down to ~955kg/2105lbs plus driver and passenger. The closer-ratio gearbox also helps a little bit.

Funny that Renault claims 910kg for the Clio 1.2 16v, and my has been measured close to 990kg with a full tank of gas. I wonder how much would a stock 1.6 16v weight...

PS - GRC79, what mods do you have? 140hp is a lot, my has been measured only 118hp at the dyno!

182 cup pack

Ice,mine waihgts 1130 kg with a driver that is 80kg,and 1/2 gass.

Ive also changed the gearbox with a clio 1 "S" gearbox.

Ive done a lot of things,but if u want any infos,pm me.

Oh and btw with those mods that uve donne u must have ur ecu remapped...

Trust me uve seen ur car much better...

Ahummm tks Butre, I meant E7F :) (ok, actually I thought the 1.2 was the E7J eheh)

GRC79, that should equate to something around 1070kg, empty and with full tank of gas, meaning 60kg more than mine in the same conditions! I wonder where are the weight differences between the 1.2 16v and 1.6 16v, besides the engine and gearbox... maybe the chassis or structure is reinforced?

Ill PM you for some details on your car ;)

Polo + Micra

ice has your engine got air con cos that might acount for some of the weight

also would anyone know if a sports cat would be less restrictive than the oem cat

(dont want a de-cat to lazy to change back if needs be)

No, my car has no AC, in fact it was the only "extra" that the car didnt have (2001 1.2 16v Dynamique), I admit that in hotter days its great, but I value the cars weight too much to have AC lol

As for the cat I dont believe its worth all the trouble and money, but Ive only tested the before/after on the 1.2 16v, cant tell if the 1.6 might take more advantage of a less restrictive exhaust.

182 cup pack

Ice-change the oz superleggeras(Ive got them too) with Kosei double racer...They waight less then our rimms!!!!

Uve got a pm...

How many kg will get out of the way by throwing out the back seats and the spare weel??:D

Kg play a very important role when talking about 0-60,0-402 m etc etc..

Cheers.

The back seats, including that bar behind them (its there to reinforce the seats in case of an accident where the back of the car gets hit), that part that covers the boot (dont know its name in English, but its that thingy that lifts when the boot door is opened), rear carpet (lol) and seatbelt mounts, all together they weight 25.4kg.

My spare wheel (steel 15" rim + continental premium contact in 185/55) weights 13.8kg, and the tool kit that comes with it weights 3.4kg.

By removing all of the above, the front carpets, and the signaling triangle (dont know if this is the correct translation), youre removing a total of 45.0kg!

My next plan is to switch the front seats with lighter ones, hoping to take another 20kg from the car :)

At this current stage I have Lowered my clio 60mm, with a ramcharger kit and blacked out the windows. My Clio is running on 115bhp at the mo. Standard 0-60mph is 9.3 seconds but Im hitting about 8.5sec average.

To make my beast faster im wanting to change the 172 5 spoke alloys for the 16" cup turini alloys because they are lighter + they look better.

K-Tec 3" twin round zorst system = 5bhp

Superchip = 8bhp (Then an Upgrage)

Pipercams Kit = 10bhp

Change spark plugs

Change the Seats and swap them with cup seats because they are lighter.

Eventually bother to take the spare tyre and the tool kit out the car to lose some weight.

(I should be running at 138bhp but probably another 10bhp more with a superchip upgrade and a lighter car. Hopefully this is enough to keep up with a 172 0-60)

1.6 16V is 79kw=107hp. But 5 hp with just ramcharger? Did you measure that with dyno? If thats true Im getting one seriusly, but AFAIK you get close to 10hp with complete exhaust and good air filter. What ramcharger did you get?

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by OLLZIE on 29 February 2004

Change the Seats and swap them with cup seats because they are lighter.
where the hell did you hear that????? theyre identical to dynamic seats!!! (apart from the covers + airbags)

I heard that from someone else on this forum. He had changed is 172 seats to cup seats. I cant remember who this was though.

covers could be lighter :D

Think when you start talking about weight though in cars like ours its either all or nothing. Either fully strip it or leave it as it is

Lionel Richie

yep exactly!!! mine came in at bang on 1000kg when i had it corner weighted

but remember Cups are special, and all the parts on them come with a sprinkling of "magic renault dust"

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

dont know about the lighter cup seats!?? :confused: As for the ramcharger kit i rekon ive gained about 3 maybe 4 bhp extra if that, sounds lovely though, as for zaust and ECU remap i rekon all that will only gain 10 maybe 12 odd bhp...gains arent enormous really, rekon best bet is performance cams and manifold. upgrading other parts i.e. brakes would help and of course u could strip it out. Alternatively wait till junejuly time and get yourself the ktec turbo conversion aiii!

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

do a search for the clio turbo thread from the guys in mexico, david confirmed the turbo conversion for the 1.6 and they people who made it made some power claims too. apparently 1.6s are a lot more popular abroad.

Audi S3 225

Quote: Originally posted by ice k16v on 29 February 2004

My car was originally a phase II 1.2 16v, now fitted with a K4M engine.

Along with the engine swap some performance changes were made:

Simota induction kit (the same that K-Tec sells, as posted by david_129)
Supersprint 4-1 manifold
Supersprint cat replacer
Remus "cat-back" exhaust
Clio I 1.2 (E7J) gearbox (JB1-046)
OZ Superleggera rims (each one is 3.6kg/7.9lbs lighter than the stock ones!)

Im now planning on having my ECU remapped, dont know if its worth it though.

Ive done two 0-100kph (~0-62mph) tests, 7.9s measured at 100kph by the speedometer, 8.1s measured at ~105kph/65mph (to eliminate speedometer reading error), this with two people in the car.

Note that my car is quite lighter than the stock 1.6 16v (measured 1011kg/2229lbs with full tank of gas), and at the time of testing it had 1/8th of the fuel in the tank and no rear seats (I dont use them so Ive removed them permanently), bringing the figure down to ~955kg/2105lbs plus driver and passenger. The closer-ratio gearbox also helps a little bit.

Funny that Renault claims 910kg for the Clio 1.2 16v, and my has been measured close to 990kg with a full tank of gas. I wonder how much would a stock 1.6 16v weight...

PS - GRC79, what mods do you have? 140hp is a lot, my has been measured only 118hp at the dyno!

What is the k4m engine, and do you still have the drums on the back. how much did the engine cost ya and fiiting?

There a 1.4 supercharger kit out on the continent with 165hp

I think there is a supercharger 1.6 kit out in germany I think with 185hp for 4k euros (~£2k I think) not sure what that entails though. I thought it was drive in and drive out.

As for turbo kits there a 1.6 16V which was made not sure how far it got though.

EDD