ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K20 powered 172

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Thanks for the advice ??

Manual rack is defo fine for track days.

I braved 10 minutes in the garage today to rivet down the brake lines and mount the bias valve.

B9718B07-0070-4C9B-8F10-933CC2C50F23.jpeg
65ED9BD3-CEED-43DD-BBC8-556EC3E52887.jpeg

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Made new oil cooler lines tonight as wasn’t happy with the original ones off the blue shell.

D96FB129-1728-47A2-B689-8EF9DBF1B02B.jpeg
2CF66B20-4176-4992-BD45-0573C8B6013F.jpeg

I also made the brake servo vacuum line to the ITBs and tighten all the coolant hose jubilee clips bar top and bottom rad hoses. This must mean we’re getting close to putting fluids in the lump.

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Oiler cooler, rad and fans all done now.

I brought some proper AN spanner’s to make life easier and fitted the larger oil filter to make it easier to remove.

7F891CBA-5D17-4B06-9EBE-6D58425E0C8E.jpeg
FDB615DC-5483-4032-A8B6-2E28F694360E.jpeg
8E54059C-FDCF-4A8D-B098-404EC1A01DB5.jpeg
7E7E9AB7-0000-45E8-8C1F-1692CBD5D3E7.jpeg
1BD5BC67-1EEC-43BE-89EF-9C64EDD28467.jpeg

Also started tided the inside up and started removing the steering column.

754D7721-0FBA-4CC4-9E8C-987EE36CA58B.jpeg

Can someone confirm how the ignition barrel comes out please ?

Attachments

• 441282E0-70DA-413E-A4BA-36F95436E018.jpeg
    441282E0-70DA-413E-A4BA-36F95436E018.jpeg
    323 KB · Views: 264
Looking forward to seeing this up and running! Im very envious of the engine bay ?

For ignition take out the small torx screw, then as you turn the key to start you pry a couple tabs underneath

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Did you bend the fins and pop threaded bar through for the fan mounts?

I brought these off eBay

Thought they’d be s**t tbh but turned out alright. I don’t like the plastic pull through mounts as I’ve had them break and the fan move on a track day.

All I needed to do was make 1 fin round, if that makes sense. Used a small flat head screw driver, made a tidy job of it.

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I brought these off eBay

Thought they’d be s**t tbh but turned out alright. I don’t like the plastic pull through mounts as I’ve had them break and the fan move on a track day.

All I needed to do was make 1 fin round, if that makes sense. Used a small flat head screw driver, made a tidy job of it.
Yes, I’m not a fan of the plastic ones either and find they aren’t very tight either

2010 Clio GT 1.6
Just read all the way through, 5 hours well spent. Excellent build and quality, definetly going to be taking some inspiration for when I can afford a track car

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Good progress again,
There is a load of meat left on that column that could of gone, I guess you still need the key though?

All looking like its progressing well though.

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Just read all the way through, 5 hours well spent. Excellent build and quality, definetly going to be taking some inspiration for when I can afford a track car

Thanks bud.

Go for it. I love the planning, researching, buying and building just as much as driving it which is why it’s in the garage a lot ?

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Good progress again,
There is a load of meat left on that column that could of gone, I guess you still need the key though?

All looking like its progressing well though.

Thanks bud.

Your right about the column, it’s not attached to the rack yet as it’ll be out again shortly ?
Need to mount the dash and ecu etc and then remove some of the weight lol.

Regarding the key, I’m not 100% sure what I’m doing yet, I keep looking at yours and how tidy the loom and ecu is, and it’s making me wanna go that route which I’m in process of researching and fire emails out, but my plan currently is wire it all up with the standard loom and Gen90 and make sure the lump turns over ok.

Just read through the whole thread, it’s like a good novel with plot twists all over the place. Got here, expecting to find that the butler did it and feel like I’ve still a few chapters to go ?

But overall epic work has been done here.

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Just read through the whole thread, it’s like a good novel with plot twists all over the place. Got here, expecting to find that the butler did it and feel like I’ve still a few chapters to go ?

But overall epic work has been done here.

Haha thanks mate

Clio 172 cup
Dude !!! Your thread never ceases to amaze me! I read through it to where you just started taking storm apart before i started my build as your cup gave me so much inspiration, the level of detail it’s zero to none.

Just had a catch up through the last couple of pages, can’t believe you nearly broke it 🤦🏼‍♂️ I shed a tear when the cup went lol. Keep up the good work pal, I’m looking forward to seeing this in person that’s for sure.

Ive been looking into doing some racing myself, i think the javelin sprint series should be a good start.

You got a instagram dude ?

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Dude !!! Your thread never ceases to amaze me! I read through it to where you just started taking storm apart before i started my build as your cup gave me so much inspiration, the level of detail it’s zero to none.

Just had a catch up through the last couple of pages, can’t believe you nearly broke it 🤦🏼‍♂️ I shed a tear when the cup went lol. Keep up the good work pal, I’m looking forward to seeing this in person that’s for sure.

Ive been looking into doing some racing myself, i think the javelin sprint series should be a good start.

You got a instagram dude ?

Haha thanks mate. Still plodding along with it.

Having got insta atm will do shortly tho.