ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K20 powered 172

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
I think if I didnt have the clio I would probably go for an EG or EK civic with Kswap engine.

My mates went well, but only tapped the barrier softly and now been broken for parts as the chassis leg bent. I’m not sure what I’d replace the Clio with if I had too. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
My mates went well, but only tapped the barrier softly and now been broken for parts as the chassis leg bent. I’m not sure what I’d replace the Clio with if I had too. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just before the clio got painted I was debating selling everything and thinking about a playful daily... The only thing I could think of was a 1 series saloon and then you needed a decent engine one (and they were too expensive).... literally didn't fancy anything else - well maybe a Valver or a Williams actually

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
It all depends how the car hit the barrier. Chassis legs are designed to take head on damage not sideways.
Quick jig and it would be fine

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
If I broke up the Clio I’d have a Williams as a garage queen I think.

I’d also struggle to replace my daily Leon does everything well even track now 😂

I also wouldn’t have the Clio if someone hadn’t touched my Ibiza 😂

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
It all depends how the car hit the barrier. Chassis legs are designed to take head on damage not sideways.
Quick jig and it would be fine

He clipped it square/head, hard to explain lol only reason he could drive it home was the plastic thermostat housing split 🤷🏻‍♂️😂

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
But full track/race car would be EG/EK

This is a very good friend of mine (wheels look familiar?)

IMG_E0811288F57F-1.jpeg

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Nope cant say I've seen those wheels before. Doesnt suit it imo. Euro wheels on jap

Sorry chap, that was more of a general question rather than aimed directly at you.

They look pretty different now but they were my old Image Billet 95's that use to be on my phase 1. I am not sure I would have gone polished lips when I was racing but he is a painter/sprayer by trade so I think it is in the business' interest for the car to look good.

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Trail fitted the column and pedal box together. All seems good. Measuring and sorting the brake hoses out with the engine is going to be a pain in the arse 😂

909F2556-E037-4654-AC87-E77BAE2FE63A.jpeg

EA6292A6-E2B3-4BA8-9A76-0EA7F6314079.jpeg

Also fitted some individual coil packs to see what they look like.

DDDCA00F-2BB6-4F0C-8C72-D8EF66D33174.jpeg

982EA416-8E21-487D-A521-82F0116AE2AE.jpeg

C76444F6-FCA2-4ABB-9452-AEEABCF89222.jpeg

I like the look of these, especially how they use up the last bolt holes in the rocker cover but worried there going to melt 😂
Think with the height of them any kind of cover or protection will look silly.

Anyone know if there’s any benefits over these to leads and coil?

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
Well @Chambers_RS I've literally read it all from start to finish over the last couple of days!!

You like making life hard for yourself I'll give you that but it's been a pleasure watching this build transformed into what we see today.

One thing I would like to say is I understand your "I'm going to split it for parts" things snowball so quickly and before you know it youre sat with a vehicle le you can't use but still piling money I to it!! I did this with the Scooby and had to sell it all.

For this reason alone is why I did the front end first and left the back end so I could go and enjoy it. When you haven't driven it for soooooo long you lose motivation because there's always something else that you just 'need'.

Get it wired up and and running and stop looking for another part to buy.

Get it on the track and then tweek from there. Fix one problem at a time rather than being balls deep in many.

I cant wait to see this running!! Interested to see the 421's in action and power gain.

Keep it up m8!!!!

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
Obviously on mine the plan was to just do the role centre kit and gripper, but figured if I'm doing it nd its basically stripped I'll do the full front end now then enjoy it and do the rest at a later date.
Which might start next week actually

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Well @Chambers_RS I've literally read it all from start to finish over the last couple of days!!

You like making life hard for yourself I'll give you that but it's been a pleasure watching this build transformed into what we see today.

One thing I would like to say is I understand your "I'm going to split it for parts" things snowball so quickly and before you know it youre sat with a vehicle le you can't use but still piling money I to it!! I did this with the Scooby and had to sell it all.

For this reason alone is why I did the front end first and left the back end so I could go and enjoy it. When you haven't driven it for soooooo long you lose motivation because there's always something else that you just 'need'.

Get it wired up and and running and stop looking for another part to buy.

Get it on the track and then tweek from there. Fix one problem at a time rather than being balls deep in many.

I cant wait to see this running!! Interested to see the 421's in action and power gain.

Keep it up m8!!!!

Haha thanks mate.

I thought WTF when I had 100 alerts 😂 thanks for taking the time to read it.

I’ll take your advice on board and try but I’ve always been the same 😂
I have pretty much everything else. I’ve got the attitude’It’ll be done when it’s done’ now, I want it done right and done once.

I have a problem with enjoying the building aspect more than driving it I think?! Thankfully I’ve got the Leon to use now.

I can’t wait to see it running either but I’m balls deep in somert else for the Clio now 😂😂 aswell as the pedal box! 😂

Can’t wait for trackdays to start again. What’s your nearest track?

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

Haha thanks mate. I thought WTF when I had 100 alerts 😂 thanks for taking the time to read it.

Ha, now who’s the stalker @1985michael182 😜. Seems like we have all been on the same path on the builds. At the risk of sounding all CV-19 unity/community spirity I think it is worth sharing when you have a sh*tter because others can relate and help out.

Michael’s advice is for sure a good plan, that is kind of how I am working on mine, lots of bits I would like to update, but it needs to be in the road/shaken down first.

my thread next @1985michael182 ? Lol...

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
Ha, now who’s the stalker @1985michael182 😜. Seems like we have all been on the same path on the builds. At the risk of sounding all CV-19 unity/community spirity I think it is worth sharing when you have a sh*tter because others can relate and help out.

Michael’s advice is for sure a good plan, that is kind of how I am working on mine, lots of bits I would like to update, but it needs to be in the road/shaken down first.

my thread next @1985michael182 ? Lol...

Yours is actually next m8. The good think about reading each others threads is you see different peoples ideas on how to build things. We are mainly using the same parts from the same suppliers but theres still huge differences between each build.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Yours is actually next m8. The good think about reading each others threads is you see different peoples ideas on how to build things. We are mainly using the same parts from the same suppliers but theres still huge differences between each build.

I was joking, mine is way to bloody long (but I guess it depends how long we are in lockdown for). 😜😂 it does have all the ups and downs though.

One good thing I personally have found is that this forum as a community it s**t hot.
Regarding advice and helping each other out, who to go to for certain parts and mapping, which are the best mods per peoples budgets.
It's just a great site all round

Agreed. I think facebook has kind of done the forums a favour. I think a lot of people have left or don’t bother with the forum anymore thinking fb groups are better. That leaves the forums with the die-hards.

I really ought to sign back up properly again.