ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K20 powered 172

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Nice mate! Yeah I’ve gone back to being a man child and playing with mtb’s now. This is mine: View attachment 1486019View attachment 1486020

Orange alpine 6 enduro. Keep looking at building a 224 evo up, but that’s as far as it’s got so far. 😂

Nice, I like Orange stuff was a undecided between a five/alpine and Santa Cruz version.

I’m still looking for a decent hardtail frame to build up from scratch.

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
You are a fair way from the best DH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your right 😂. I’ll use it for a bit of everything, it’s full carbon so pretty light. First full suspension bike I’ve had, normally on hard tails lol.

Judging by your picture your into bikes, what you got?

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Your right [emoji23]. I’ll use it for a bit of everything, it’s full carbon so pretty light. First full suspension bike I’ve had, normally on hard tails lol.

Judging by your picture your into bikes, what you got?

60fde0ba8427e9b519b70467ee2e3f69.jpg

Triggers broom of a DH

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
b4c0043f6ced72a0afa6c111ba21fadc.jpg

And a HB160 as my do everything bike. Still got my old orange five which is still fun

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Nice V10 @Chambers_RS
The missus has a Nomad C but I have never overly got on with Santa Cruz (although I have been borrowing it)

@497adam I see you have raced Ard Rock then by the looks of it, such a good race. How do you find the HB160? I also demo'd one of those when I was buying my next bike but just couldn't get on with that either....

Still yet to build up my new bike but I have been smashing this for quite a while now, super light, low maintenance but a bit old school being 26"

IMG_3617.JPG

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Nice V10 @Chambers_RS
The missus has a Nomad C but I have never overly got on with Santa Cruz (although I have been borrowing it)

@497adam I see you have raced Ard Rock then by the looks of it, such a good race. How do you find the HB160? I also demo'd one of those when I was buying my next bike but just couldn't get on with that either....

Still yet to build up my new bike but I have been smashing this for quite a while now, super light, low maintenance but a bit old school being 26"

View attachment 1488086

Nice bike that 👌🏻

I’ve had to send the V10 back disappointingly. I paid strong money for it as it was perfect spec and colour etc and was advertised as needing nothing and ready to ride.
I got the bike a week before I was meant to go on holiday to wales with a bunch of mates on the bikes, so had a real good going over it.
It’s needed so much tlc from little things like rear inner tube punctured so bad it wouldn’t hold 0.5psi, both tyres delaminating and all 4 bolts on the front fork floating wheel mech being different and not tightening. This made me check it over completely finding No material on the front or rear pads, rotors scored badly, back brake had no pressure at all, both wheels dented where the tyre seats, rear one buckled, strange knock/movement in the headset, the rear fox suspension unit notchy and creaked badly and the VPP rear link bearings needed changing as they where knocking 🤦🏻‍♂️

I’m on the look out for another bike or frame now. I’d consider a Nomad tbf

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Been a bit quiet lately as I’ve had to sort my garage out. Needed some attention to the roof and guttering etc and then this led to painting the whole inside 😂

Clean and prepped the asbestos cement roof.

536A125E-C7C5-4CDE-8910-430C7525D69E.jpeg

Painted and sealed

00FB4601-B530-4B5F-BCDC-B813EAA24633.jpeg

3 coats of white on the walls and also sanded and black hammerite on the metal roof structure. Also mixed PVA into water to seal the floor before paint. This for 3 coats also.

432ABED1-007B-42E9-8016-ED3F78C7ED11.jpeg

3 coats of garage floor paint in grey. White walls masked up

9596896D-CAA4-418F-8421-EDCADA9BAECF.jpeg

Garage looks bigger and brighter now

6C74ACA6-1360-43C4-B41C-E79682F0FD46.jpeg

Put some pallet slats on the wall for some track day pictures

29153055-A330-4683-B682-2AA51EFA8A3E.jpeg

Everything back in and tidy

500AE322-8737-4176-A2C9-E195A8608769.jpeg

Back to business

47774A20-5400-473B-A1FC-1EF49B584B86.jpeg

👌🏻

6FB55CC3-0DF7-42F8-9E7A-9423D0CBE54A.jpeg

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Nice bike that 👌🏻

I’ve had to send the V10 back disappointingly. I paid strong money for it as it was perfect spec and colour etc and was advertised as needing nothing and ready to ride.
I got the bike a week before I was meant to go on holiday to wales with a bunch of mates on the bikes, so had a real good going over it.
It’s needed so much tlc from little things like rear inner tube punctured so bad it wouldn’t hold 0.5psi, both tyres delaminating and all 4 bolts on the front fork floating wheel mech being different and not tightening. This made me check it over completely finding No material on the front or rear pads, rotors scored badly, back brake had no pressure at all, both wheels dented where the tyre seats, rear one buckled, strange knock/movement in the headset, the rear fox suspension unit notchy and creaked badly and the VPP rear link bearings needed changing as they where knocking 🤦🏻‍♂️

FFS, that is pretty annoying. Good you had the opportunity to send it back though. TBH I didn't want to comment sooner but I really don't see the point in full downhill rigs in the UK, everything has progressed so much now that a 150/160mm enduro bike will do most stuff, I have ridden some sizeable stuff on some not very big bikes....

IMG_0733.JPG

I would deffo be looking for a do it all bike tbh

Really nice work on the garage mate, makes such a difference having somewhere like that and I think when it is like that it makes you want to go out there and work on it..... super posh that you have a mat specifically for the subframe though.... ha

sam_w88

ClioSport Club Member
  S/C Clio 172 Cup
Nice bike that 👌🏻

I'm selling a large 2018 carbon nomad C XE in the next few weeks if you're interested, new gloss black 2020 frame under warranty 8 months ago too

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Did I miss understand that you had bought a v10 to use as a trail bike??? Which would be mad!
To be honest nowadays a modern enduro bike is so capable I cant see why anyone would want a full race spec DH bike unless they uplifted at Fort William or the Alps each weekend. Hell couple of years ago Sam Hill sat on the hot step at world champs for ages having taken his Nukeproof Mega down in finals run....was Sam Hill mind.

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
I agree with the DH/Enduro bike etc. I’ve always had DH bikes and I love the way they look 😂.
Having this issue with the V10 has made me think twice.

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
What’s everyone’s thought on hard tails now?

I’ve had loads of these and Orange just realised the 2021 versions and there really good value.

7B8E59FB-E8C9-4DA2-B5A7-76CCBD982D65.png

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
my mate has an Orange Crush 29er it’s an absolute weapon of a bike! Proper fast just about everywhere. Only bigger bike park stuff or rough off piste stuff it’s noticeably slower. Looks like reasonable value for an Orange. No dropper though is there? Would think you would want to change a few items on it as well.

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
my mate has an Orange Crush 29er it’s an absolute weapon of a bike! Proper fast just about everywhere. Only bigger bike park stuff or rough off piste stuff it’s noticeably slower. Looks like reasonable value for an Orange. No dropper though is there? Would think you would want to change a few items on it as well.

It is a really good price. Nah no dropper which is probably want. It comes with rockshox on the which I’d probably wanna change for fox’s 😂

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
personally I would buy a frame and build it up how I wanted rather than buy a bike spec’d to a price point. If you fancy and Orange you can usually get a deal on something like a crush frame. I find lower end dampening on forks gets especially noticeable on a hardtail.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
What’s everyone’s thought on hard tails now?I’ve had loads of these and Orange just realised the 2021 versions and there really good value.

As with my above image I ride a (singlespeed) hardtail with a 100mm fork and I ride that pretty hard. I guess it depends what you are going to ride but with the geometry changes in recent years hardtails are so much more capable.

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
I’ve attached the clutch hydraulic cylinder now

C21A5AC8-DE28-4FD0-9A97-4A15D22BDEC9.jpeg

D6FF0973-A716-4678-AF89-2ECE33FF1169.jpeg

Also trying to remove the heat shield with the PMS manifold but the top nut is a nightmare 😂

0481D503-124E-4C09-A848-5B312922B7AB.jpeg

Also new bike for anyone interested,
Wasn’t looking for this but it popped up with great spec and condition and a good price so had to have it.
It’s a Orange Alpine 6 Factory

24C1C13D-BFAF-4586-BBB6-F236EBE7F732.jpeg
AD3931CC-C8A6-43E6-8931-A687FE9E7207.jpeg
83DA97E0-9FCD-4DD2-8B50-8C7503865FFC.jpeg
758DD167-725B-41EE-9437-A0C2E4670BA3.jpeg
EA760CE0-7921-4799-B260-55ECB1909CBA.jpeg

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I’ve attached the clutch hydraulic cylinder now

View attachment 1492628
View attachment 1492629

Also trying to remove the heat shield with the PMS manifold but the top nut is a nightmare 😂

View attachment 1492635

Also new bike for anyone interested,
Wasn’t looking for this but it popped up with great spec and condition and a good price so had to have it.
It’s a Orange Alpine 6 Factory

View attachment 1492630View attachment 1492631View attachment 1492632View attachment 1492633View attachment 1492634
Similar spec to mine mate 👍🏻

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Is that a later style slave cylinder bracket? Assuming a pure one? Mine has got the brace to the back of the box

Yeah pure one. And yeah has an extra bracket going off to where the second gearbox mount is/earth strap.

Can just make it out in this pic
BDDC5B39-472B-44BE-89B4-ED697E712564.jpeg

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah pure one. And yeah has an extra bracket going off to where the second gearbox mount is/earth strap.

Can just make it out in this pic
View attachment 1492708

That’s nice, always think to myself when I see revised versions of kit I have if it’s for a good reason.. mine has been good for a couple years.. also I see you’ve extended the clutch fork?

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
That’s nice, always think to myself when I see revised versions of kit I have if it’s for a good reason.. mine has been good for a couple years.. also I see you’ve extended the clutch fork?

Yeah defo, makes it solid.

The fork came from pure aswell. Has a rose joint either end of the cylinder. The kit also came with an adapter to fit the original fork if you didn’t want to swap the forks.

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Rog, looks like some nice updates there.. cheers mate. I just run the standard fork which does need a bit of grease from time to time where the conical shaped washer sits in the fork to stop squeaks, it also feels much lighter when greased too!