ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172+head work +cams +unichip

finally got all my mods finished today

had the car mapped at Nobles in chesterfield

made mailto:190bhp@fly">190bhp@fly

can people who had there cars on the rollers there (172/cup owners) post there bhp. From memory most made around the 160 mark as nobles tend to give low ish figures.

thanks.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

pleased with it then. my mate had a bad run in with nobles. how much do they charge for a power run on the rollers?

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

i live not far from nobles so i might get one done just to see what ive got. Is 190bhp what you were expecting?

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

cool, impressive mate! nobles did give lowish results last time, i remember that! or maybe realistic results is more like it ;)

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Quote: Originally posted by JAY172 on 23 March 2004
was your reading slightly lower then expected then mate?

yes. lol, id only done 1500 miles since a full rebuild though, but only managed 147@fly which i thought was crap, but 2 other modded valvers on the day ran around 120@fly. Since ran over 160@fly on 2 other rollers. although i suspect one was a tad high at 169@fly hehe.

I bet mat gets more like 200 on other rollers.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

might have a run on nobles rollers but i just wanted to know how much they seem to under read before i did.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

ill have another run if u wanna go mate.

need to get a gearbox 1st though, this bloke is takin forever, might just get a 16v box instead.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by m@thew on 23 March 2004

mailto:190bhp@fly">
can people who had there cars on the rollers there (172/cup owners) post there bhp. From memory most made around the 160 mark as nobles tend to give low ish figures.
Ive still got all those figures from the RE day matey...

Can you send me your power & torque figures (every 500rpm) as per last time and Ill add them and send you the file!?

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 23 March 2004

i would expect you to be over the 200bhp mark with all that, if the work was done properly.
Thats what I was thinking too...

2005 Nissan Navara

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 23 March 2004

i would expect you to be over the 200bhp mark with all that, if the work was done properly.

just wot i was thinkin

I also had the same work done, although Im getting 183 at the wheels. In addition to the head itself work was done on the inlet manifold and porting to the head. I probably spent most time/money on that headwork. What cams are you using and what profiles? Presumably youve gone for fast road cams and kept the hydraulic lifters and standard springs?

Do you also have a torque figure + rpm for max power and max torque?