ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172Cup Mod’s

Right. Ive got so bored of waiting for the R-sport upgrades Ive requested a quote on the following from K-Tec for my Cup.

S/S Exhaust system, Decat pipe, Vipe Induction kit, Upgrade chip.

First question is to have this sort of application am I missing anything?

Secondly how easy are the Decat pipe and the induction kit to take off as if something goes wrong ill have to take them off before going to renault!

Good mechanic with ramps should be able to change the Decat pipe in around an hour. Induction kits are fairly easy to swap, you might need to remove custom piping if you fit it which could be a pain.

I guess you would probably need the ecu remapped again to take into account the removal of the kit?

If you get a filter you should get a relocation pipe otherwise you might not any gains from it (apart from the noise!)

Id leave the de-cat and wait for a performance cat from k-tec, they will be doing one eventually

but ill be waiting for years by the sounds of it! Spoke to Renault today who said March at the earliest :(

I;m awaiting a callback from David on the above quote so well see what he says altough Im already thinking of knocking his chip on the head and hgetting a Dastek which are meant to be much better.

Well its your decision, but from my point of view your lucky to have your car at is, and considering its crap weather time id wait for all options to be open to you :)

Rob, the F4R in 172 trim has one of teh most gorgeoius exhaust manifolds available, and has has hundred of hrs put into development of it........bout as good as you can get.

as for the parts....that lot will be fine for 185, as its basically the same as what i have.

The viper kit is good though, and surprised me as i dont usually expect gains from any of this bolt on malrky.

and R-sport will never come and the stuff will be crap.....you can almost gaurantee it.....Renault can barely get their normal production service in gear and we are always getting wrong shipments and orders and it takes ages.....

Ben, would it be worth getting a Dastek chip over a bolt on superchip as my mate swears by Dastek and says Superchips are sh1te!

well, i thought that too until i worked with head office in the UK from HK to develop a suitable serial program that would work with the RSR kit and ave ambient conditions.

they were very professional and top people, no delay...always promt and ready.

But, a Dastek is more adjtable and you can change it as you mod....

but both are limited in tehir scope and con only do so much......but it will be sufficient as long as your not planning to go to TBs or anything else rather bonkers.

The thing is that the Dastek is quite a bit more expensive so in your opinion is it worth it? Im trying to get a bit of feedback on both!

Thanks again for the email, am now sold on that titanium system!

Youll invalidate ur warranty - not good for a car as fragile as these cups! Im waitning foir the upgrades - they will come oh yes they will come!

Not bothered anymore!

Im going to book it in with David at K-Tec ( when i get hold of him!) for a titanium exhaust. This will have its own warranty. Then about a month later Owen developments are going to fit a Viper and a Dastek Unichip.

should be good.

CTR EK9 turbo

Hi Ben - can i be an annoying gti and ask u to email the pic to me too? pretty please! (this sounds like a webcam chat room!) mailto:scrubberx2319@yahoo.com">scrubberx2319@yahoo.com

Nissan R35 GT-R

I phoned R-Sport the other day and the Renault team are not back until 2nd Jan 2003. Ill speak to them then or soon after and get to the bottom of how long mods are likely to take. They are only about 1/2 hours drive away from me so Ill let you all know when I have found anything out.

Laurence

Lionel Richie

The problem with Dastek is they have to cut into your wiring loom which if anything goes wrong is gonna be qite noticable!!!!! The insurance are gonna be able to tell too!!!! Plus if Renault see a little box of tricks in your engine bay, they aint gonna be too happy!!! Where as with the Superchip Remap, they plug a laptop in, piss about inside the ecu and thats it!!!! Insurance cant tell, neither can Renault as their is no "Physical" chip

Roamer - Full K-tec exhaust + Viper + Superchip Remap = 184bhp

Chris - Viper + Superchip Remap = 180bhp

Ben got 185bhp, but thats cos he works for Renault!!!!!

Viper = £250

K-tec exhaust £270ish???

Re-map £350

why is it cause i work for Ren?

anyway, i would tell your dealership during service about the superchip anyway, and put red tape over the multiplug under tha ashtray as when it goes in, they routinely flash the eprom and you loose your 300 quid map.....so, i would tell them!

yo ben i will drop in to show room..... hhm 27th is that ok? i will sort the GTA (i hope cant promise nothin alright try my best) show me the kits n stuff when u have time... i dont think u will be in showroom or office today so i wont drop by

oh n perhaps drinks on 27th nite with tony if he is still around

in NZ the renault dealer there gives us an option of remap chip, filter (not viper just a replacement filter) and exhaust range from magnex i think n remus n some crap ones in between

i think i can get around 185? like ben said... depends on the startin power position

Ben perhaps we can detaily go through some TBs? n then when i go back i will see if any of them will do one... they told me they will if i ask

ok, i will give you my tel # sometime as itll be easie rot arange stuff.

i dont usually sit in the showroom, i have more to do but i can meet you there.

What do you want to do with teh TB as there is basically nothing you can do with the std item.

change those bad boys :p more power more

98108541 have to give ORANGE my details they r about to cut my service ahhaha i dont have a bank account so no statement hence no proof :(

sure we sort somethin out i will try my best with GTA

ben that exhaust is the nuts! i thinkin how it would look under the cups bumper tho! with no chunk out of the bumper for it to sit in. what do ya think? and did ya get my email a few weeks back? on ya ching email.

And how much is that exh?

no, sorry no email to my wasted one......but you can deffo get me on mailto:benrushworth@hotmail.com">benrushworth@hotmail.com

ill answer on that....

i think it would look good with the appropriate cutout so it doesnt hand too low........

Dannyboy, just ordered that exhaust from K-Tec so will get some pics at the end of Jan when its fitted. Its £470+Vat

I think everyone was waiting for the R-Sport upgrade before modding but ive got bored of waiting now!

Give me a chance although itll be quite something to see a 200Bhp + Cup!

not sure if ill get there...

you wont get 200bhp until you change the shared plenham, or get a fairly large single TB, then work the inlet manifold....

as i said before, we got 215bhp on TBs alone!