ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182’s - how many miles to the tank

Done 230 so far with 2 little dash marks left, the computer rekons 70 miles left in it so potentially if i let it run completley dry I rekon:

300 miles

Thats on optimax with a heavy right foot.

Ford Fiesta

My trip computer says I can do 405miles to a full tank when I fill up with Optimax. (which I always do, in fact the car has had nothing else since 000000 miles)

But measuring off the odometer Im getting 340Miles.

So taking what the comp says I can do it wont be far off as I obviously fill up before it cuts out dont I.

Lee

BMW M2C

250 - 270 normal driving, less if I have a bad week and the most Ive ever seen is around 300 with lots of motorway.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Quote: Originally posted by dogmaul on 28 December 2004
i get about 500-550 ish able to get about 600 if i really really try and thats on a 45 litre tank ;)

Wow!

thats a special 182 you have there ;) (as per the thread title)

RB182cup&golf gti

280 on last tank but to refil only took 38 litres so equates to approx 360 miles which aint bad for 23 mph average speed i spose, mainly rush hour nose to tail

300 average speed 29mph. but as far as mpg goes ive managed some amazing stats just before i broke up for crimbo. i was getting a geniune 43mpg driving like a grannie. but i got home only 5mins later than i would if i canned it and my drive to work or back is usually 55mins so not bad.

thing is the car is cheapish to insure at the right age (im 26) with the right ins company and 43mpg means a good runner fully kitted. 1yr 2months since i got it at £12.2k i owe £7600 on finance and now im looking to reloan @ 5.5K (2k from mortage lending) so il be paying £110 per month on loan + £100 petrol month + £80 month insurance (gonna get that lower soon aswell) not bad for what it can do. only £290 per month for a 172MKII inc everthing.

yay !

Optimax only from day one - First two tanks scared the sh*t out of me - driving like a vicar on a Sunday and only 19mpg.

Now run in and getting about 270 a tank. But remeber that the fuel gauge and the trip computer are not the best of friends!

Gauge usually indicates the tank is running on fumes but trip says only 9 gals used, therefore 2 gals left - Ive been keeping a record of every fill up and the trip is accurate to within 0.5 gals, the guage is next to useless. BTW the trip mpg is accurate to within 1.5mpg.

[Edited by JEZZA182 on 28 December 2004 at 11:34pm]

Quote: Originally posted by edgerfs on 28 December 2004

How many miles until u started getting decent economy jez?
Get past about 300 ( Itll take a couple of full tanks during running in) and you can then see a massive difference over night - i went from 19mpg to 32mpg with no change in driving style at all, just running in under 3,500 rpm.

Now getting around (very approx) 30mpg and I drive it hard

None cause I dont have one................Ive got real car.................a V6 :D....................I recon its time to start running eh.................how fast............... VERY FAST :D

Cya (identity with held)

Quote: Originally posted by stusV6 on 29 December 2004

None cause I dont have one................Ive got real car.................a V6 :D....................I recon its time to start running eh.................how fast............... VERY FAST :D

Cya (identity with held)
Ooooh, treat me like a b**ch you V6 brute you...;)

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by dogmaul on 28 December 2004

i get about 500-550 ish able to get about 600 if i really really try and thats on a 45 litre tank ;)
LOL is that on proper stuff or chip fat? ;)

Quote: Originally posted by Liam182 on 28 December 2004

My trip computer says I can do 405miles to a full tank when I fill up with Optimax. (which I always do, in fact the car has had nothing else since 000000 miles)

So taking what the comp says I can do it wont be far off as I obviously fill up before it cuts out dont I.

Liam, when you fill your tank up from empty to full, does the trip computer always say 405 miles? Surely this only depends on the last 5-10 miles youve done previously to filling up. I mean if youve driven a hard last 5-10 miles (ie 20-25mpg) then the trip computer will only show around 250miles for a full tank. If you drive like an old granny the last 5-10 miles then the trip computer will show a much higher reading. I know this is the case for my car, i assumed it would be the same for the clio??

Anyway 340miles is impressive, are you a long motorway driver or a pussyfoot behind the wheel;). Whats the capacity of the clio tank? 50 or 55 litres??

Ford Fiesta

Quote: Originally posted by Mitchy on 29 December 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Liam182 on 28 December 2004

Liam, when you fill your tank up from empty to full, does the trip computer always say 405 miles? Surely this only depends on the last 5-10 miles youve done previously to filling up. I mean if youve driven a hard last 5-10 miles (ie 20-25mpg) then the trip computer will only show around 250miles for a full tank. If you drive like an old granny the last 5-10 miles then the trip computer will show a much higher reading. I know this is the case for my car, i assumed it would be the same for the clio??

Anyway 340miles is impressive, are you a long motorway driver or a pussyfoot behind the wheel;). Whats the capacity of the clio tank? 50 or 55 litres??

Mitchy

my MPG is very stable now not reset since new over 8000miles so I would have to drive it hard for a long time to make a difference on the computer.

It always says over 400mile to a tank now as my avaerage mpg is quite high. I do use motorway but also other roads probably about 50/50 and no I dont drive like a granny ;-) But I dont nail it 24/7 either.

Its a 50 litre tank same as all clios.

Always Optimax gold juice.

Quote: Originally posted by cliotuRS on 28 December 2004

300 average speed 29mph. but as far as mpg goes ive managed some amazing stats just before i broke up for crimbo. i was getting a geniune 43mpg driving like a grannie. but i got home only 5mins later than i would if i canned it and my drive to work or back is usually 55mins so not bad.

thing is the car is cheapish to insure at the right age (im 26) with the right ins company and 43mpg means a good runner fully kitted. 1yr 2months since i got it at £12.2k i owe £7600 on finance and now im looking to reloan @ 5.5K (2k from mortage lending) so il be paying £110 per month on loan + £100 petrol month + £80 month insurance (gonna get that lower soon aswell) not bad for what it can do. only £290 per month for a 172MKII inc everthing.

yay !
Jesus i have a headache