ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Cup Announced for uk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1094026561__normal_clio_rs_team_6.jpghttp://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1094026561__normal_clio_rs_team_6.jpg

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1094026534__clio_rs_team_8.jpg

The items REMOVED from the 182 are:

Climate Control (replaced by manual air conditioning)
Leather/alcantara upholstery (replaced by the upholstery from the current Clio Dynamique)
Lateral airbags, Lumbar adjustment on driver’s seat
60:40 split rear seats (replaced by 1-piece folding rear seat)
Rear head rests
Rear seat pockets
4 x 40W radio/single CD (replaced by 4 x 22W radio/single CD player)
Xenon headlamps
Headlamp wash
Carpet mats
Rear luggage net
Automatic headlamps
Automatic wipers
Heat reflecting windscreen
Renaultsport insert on the steering wheel
Map reading light
Illuminated vanity mirrors
One touch facility on the electric windows.
However, in the UK, the Cup Spoiler and Suspension Pack are standard. The colours available are Racing Blue (with or without stripes) and Inferno. No other options. The price is £13800. Thats £900 less than the 182, although £1250 less if you added the Cup options to the 182

The wheels remain the same as the cup packed 182s on sale now.

launch date TBC.

Thanks Tom. Id already provided this on the other post. The pictures shown are the french Team version. The UK car, on sale now, doesnt have any of the orange logos shown and has both the Cup packs (again not shown)

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Same comments as I posted in the other thread really.

I dont think its cheap enough or light enough to make it desirable over the "normal" 182 with cup packs.

Also, it would have been better with a "limited" paint, like the mondial blue on the original 172 cup.

172, Tiguan

Seems a bit odd when the 182 is selling so well. Especially as its not a great deal cheaper, and we all know you can get a 182 for less than that from the dealers.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by jon_r on 01 September 2004

Seems a bit odd when the 182 is selling so well. Especially as its not a great deal cheaper, and we all know you can get a 182 for less than that from the dealers.
makes sense to me.

have a think. Renault 19 mate renault 19.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

imho....

The 172 Cup is a cult icon of the 172.
The 182 Cup is a poor mans version of the 182.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Well in theory its lighter. (im thinking 1050kg to 1070kg)

lighter means faster, techically its got to be the fastest FWD clio yet produced.

Its a result for existing 182 owners, finally renault manage to not piss us off.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Quote: Originally posted by Tomclio182 on 01 September 2004

lighter means faster, techically its got to be the fastest FWD clio yet produced.
Yet we all know how little difference there is in the real world between 172/Cup/182 so how much difference could there possibly be.

I will be interested in seeing how it does. I thought Renault were going the other way with the Ltd Ed, and ADDED toys/goodies to the 182.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Well just playing around with figures in my head it could be up to 50kg lighter than that std 182.

175bhp/tonne is a increase big enough to notice?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by D-CUP on 01 September 2004

Its not a 182 Cup its a 182 Team. And I still dont see the point.

At least put different wheels on it!
Its a 182 cup. CONFIRMED.

Quote: Originally posted by Tomclio182 on 01 September 2004

Well in theory its lighter. (im thinking 1050kg to 1070kg)

Its a result for existing 182 owners, finally renault manage to not piss us off.
What its 20 KG lighter? What differnce is that going to make in a car weighing over 1000 Kg? = none.

If it lost 70 or more I can see the point - but 20 !

Here we go again....nasty looking seats, shame about the steering wheel, I wish theyd make a more sporty one ...but at last a Red one again!

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Quote: Originally posted by Viv172 on 01 September 2004

Here we go again....nasty looking seats, shame about the steering wheel, I wish theyd make a more sporty one ...but at last a Red one again!
You can order a "normal" 182 in inferno now as well.

this is rediculous

fair enuf on the idea but taking the badge off the steering wheel, putting in dynamique seats

wont feel like a renaultsport

dk

911 GTS Cab

noooo, racing blue will be known as the cheap mans clio now, there will be sh*t loads of them!!!!!!

At least I already have the cup badge on mine, but may have to remove that now incase people think I have the poor mans version

Quote: Originally posted by CocoPops on 01 September 2004
imho....The 172 Cup is a cult icon of the 172.
The 182 Cup is a poor mans version of the 182.

Amen to that.

They should make the 182 much lighter and have meaner looking alloys. Maybe a carbon splitter! ;)

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 01 September 2004

noooo, racing blue will be known as the cheap mans clio now, there will be sh*t loads of them!!!!!!

At least I already have the cup badge on mine, but may have to remove that now incase people think I have the poor mans version
£13800!!!!! A poor mans car???? NO, a £50 Fiesta is....;)

Lee

BMW M2C

One of the big differences the 172 Cup had over the 172 was the changed steering geometry which gave its improved front end bite into corners.

The differences between the 182 and the 182 Cup are so small its hardly worth bothering IMO. Although Im sure it will help Renault sell a few more cars. I was expecting a few more changes than just taking out the CC and putting in some dodgy seats. LOL

[Edited by Lee M on 01 September 2004 at 12:13pm]

Tappd'd RS

Anyone got any of the 182 "Cup" pics, not Team. The Team logos look quite nasty!

I am SERIOUSLY considering one of these, it should bridge my gap between my old cup and my current Civic Type-R.

The dynamique seats - I though the 172 cup had these too, but with a different cloth on them? Not keen on the new steering wheel tho, but the addition of ESP, ABS and Manual Air-Con over the spec of the old 172 Cup would be welcomed by me.

Tappd'd RS

Quote: Originally posted by jon_r on 01 September 2004

I have a better spec 172 cup than that. :D
I forgot about C-C in later cups - oops! No offence meant :oops:

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by Jeremy Townsend on 01 September 2004

Lee - the steering geometry is different, thats part of the Cup suspension pack
Is it the same pack as the one we currently have available on the 182 or has it been tweaked a little more?

I quite fancy an orange one, although Id still go for the full 182.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 01 September 2004

Good idea IMO. The Cup thing definately worked with the 172, so itll work again with the 182.
true, but people bought them because of the better handling and lack of abs for track days etc, the 182 cup has none of this so unless you cant afford a full fat 182, what is the benefit?

Status
Not open for further replies.