ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Cup or 172 Cup

Tried the search....but keeps messing up.. saying not available!!

Can u let me know, is the 182 Cup as quick as the 172 Cup?

Thanks.

Book has them bang on the same on paper @ 6.9 to 62. Not sure about 0-100

Cue 4 pages of 172 and 182 owners saying theyre all the same...;)

182cup

Get the 182 cup if you dont want to melt in the recent weather ( air con in 182 cup ) first car i have had with it & will never buy another car with out it:)

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Therell be nowt to seperate them...

The 172 Cup has slightly less power but weighs less, the 182 Cup has the extra power but carrying extra weight, so all in all theres fook all in it.

Both cars are rapid!

Quote: Originally posted by mark.cup on 27 June 2005

Get the 182 cup if you dont want to melt in the recent weather ( air con in 182 cup ) first car i have had with it & will never buy another car with out it:)

The biggest prob that was bothering me was no air con in the cup! but now I know the 182 has air con, thats great! and the cup is cheaper than the 182!?

So what does the 182 have that the 182 cup doesnt? Im guessing the 182 has abs and headlight washers, anything else that it has that the 182 cup doesnt?

So the Cup pack, suspension and wheels and spoilers will already be standard on the 182 cup?

Thanks for the help everyone :)

Mr2 Roadster

Quote: Originally posted by Dansta on 27 June 2005
mines fastest!! when it works. :(

lol, fair but true...

Quote: Originally posted by Little Newms on 27 June 2005

Buy a real Cup...... They missed the point with the second one

;)

But the 182 has climate control and still as quick? sounds like the best thing to get the 182?

Skoda Octavia TDi vRS

If you are a confident enough driver not to need ABS then get the 172. If like 99.9% of the British population you are not, get the 182.

Im getting a 182 :D

Steve

Quote: Originally posted by Liquidcool on 28 June 2005

Cant see why the 182 cup isnt as good? its the same time to 60 as the 172 cup, but has climate control too?
late 172 cups had the option for climate too:D

182 Cup and Seat Ibiza

The biggest prob that was bothering me was no air con in the cup! but now I know the 182 has air con, thats great! and the cup is cheaper than the 182!?

So what does the 182 have that the 182 cup doesnt? Im guessing the 182 has abs and headlight washers, anything else that it has that the 182 cup doesnt? The 182 cup has the same equipment as the 182, except; no leather seats, no xenon headlights,no headlight washers, no automatic headlights, no automatic wipers, no climate control(onlyA/C), no split fold rear seats(bench seat only), the stereo isnt quite as powerful, steering wheel slightly different, rubber gearstick surround, the intermitent wiper speed isnt adjustable, no luggage cargo net. there maybe a couple of other minor things.

So the Cup pack, suspension and wheels and spoilers will already be standard on the 182 cup? yes, cup spoiler and suspention pack is standard on the 182 cup, it also has abs and esp.

I bought a 182 cup and took delivery last week. It only cost £11k, pre registered with delivery milage. A pre registered 182 with the cup packs and metallic paint was only £12k. They didnt have a colour i wanted though, and i couldnt afford to stretch the extra grand anyway.

I would say that if you could afford to stretch an extra grand, the leather seats etc are worth paying the extra for, i dont think that the weight difference between the 182 and 182 cup would make a noticable difference in performance on the road.

I still love the car though, the only thing is those leather/alcantera seats!

I think those recaros might have to get fitted when ive got the cash.

Quote: Originally posted by kennyg on 28 June 2005

So what does the 182 have that the 182 cup doesnt? Im guessing the 182 has abs and headlight washers, anything else that it has that the 182 cup doesnt? The 182 cup has the same equipment as the 182, except; no leather seats, no xenon headlights,no headlight washers, no automatic headlights, no automatic wipers, no climate control(onlyA/C), no split fold rear seats(bench seat only), the stereo isnt quite as powerful, steering wheel slightly different, rubber gearstick surround, the intermitent wiper speed isnt adjustable, no luggage cargo net. there maybe a couple of other minor things.

So the Cup pack, suspension and wheels and spoilers will already be standard on the 182 cup? yes, cup spoiler and suspention pack is standard on the 182 cup, it also has abs and esp.

I bought a 182 cup and took delivery last week. It only cost £11k, pre registered with delivery milage. A pre registered 182 with the cup packs and metallic paint was only £12k. They didnt have a colour i wanted though, and i couldnt afford to stretch the extra grand anyway.

I would say that if you could afford to stretch an extra grand, the leather seats etc are worth paying the extra for, i dont think that the weight difference between the 182 and 182 cup would make a noticable difference in performance on the road.

I still love the car though, the only thing is those leather/alcantera seats!

I think those recaros might have to get fitted when ive got the cash.

Thats great info ... thanks very much for your help, awesome price u got there too!! 11k! Enjoy it! :D

Also, thanks to everyone that has helped me here, muchó thanks.