ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 CUP

dk

911 GTS Cab

I am getting a 182 with cup spoilers and supsension, does that mean I call it a 182 CUP?

But then, what if you only order it with the suspension or the spoilers, can you then call it a 182 CUP. Seeing as there isnt going to be an official light weight stripped out CUP can us 182 owners with the options call ours 182 CUPS?

I personally think we can as the different coloured wheels and spoilers stand out from the normal 182 and are called CUP options so surely that must mean it is a CUP (just not a light weight stripped out version, a full fat, fully loaded one!)

Cue barrage of Cup owners!

320d M Sport

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

i gettin lost with all this?!?!

itll be a 182 with Cup options will it not?

Clio v6

I guess if you put a Cup badge on your car, then you can call it a Cup if you wish to.

The 172 derivative which Renault supplied with a Cup badge and Renault specific suspension parts, would be a Morris Marina had they put that badge on it.

Is a Cup a Cup ? Its a wee car which moves along a road etc.

Can anyone out there supply me with a badge saying Fluffybunnikins? I fancy a name change.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by Tomclio182 on 14 February 2004

lol @ dave!!

you bored or sommat?
thought you might turn up, this is the sort of post you like starting, just thought it was something I would like to get sorted from the start. When ppl ask me what I have I just wanna know if I can say its a Clio Renaultsport 182 CUP?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 14 February 2004

lol @ dave!!

you bored or sommat?
thought you might turn up, this is the sort of post you like starting, just thought it was something I would like to get sorted from the start. When ppl ask me what I have I just wanna know if I can say its a Clio Renaultsport 182 CUP?

LOL!! little me?

nah just say its a 182.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 14 February 2004

I am getting a 182 with cup spoilers and supsension, does that mean I call it a 182 CUP?

But then, what if you only order it with the suspension or the spoilers, can you then call it a 182 CUP. Seeing as there isnt going to be an official light weight stripped out CUP can us 182 owners with the options call ours 182 CUPS?

I personally think we can as the different coloured wheels and spoilers stand out from the normal 182 and are called CUP options so surely that must mean it is a CUP (just not a light weight stripped out version, a full fat, fully loaded one!)

Cue barrage of Cup owners!
Mate, you can call it whatever you like, in my opinion its not a Cup, but its your car. If you wanna stick a cup badge on then thats your choice.

Personally I think people that know about RenaultSports will be wise enough to spot the difference in spoiler etc

what makes me laugh is renault lauching a new car which will be replaced next year. With a new clio model

how strange are the french?

182 has a great review in EVO, reading between the lines though it seemed very biased.

Looking at EVO they do get a lot of revenue from Renault adverts... ermm i wonder.

I did think about the new clio but its 5-6k more than i paid for a new cup, and for what less performance.....not for me sorry.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

The rs replacement isnt due till 2006 as far as i was aware.

The evo review was glowing but then so were all the others, renault dont pay them all. (if any)

A peep said call it what you like but it aint a proper cup in my opinion. I chose my Golf with the option of a better stereo but I dont call it Golf Stereo!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Yup. its amazing how we managed to turn this really dull thread into sommat good.

Quote: Originally posted by 172loony on 14 February 2004

toot toot toot toot toot toot toot toot

*puts trumpet away*

*and takes one out of the hand of a cup owner who spends too much time blowin his own*

EDIT

*flame suit on*

dk

911 GTS Cab

Yup. its amazing how we managed to turn this really dull thread into sommat good.
cheers Tom, nobody else seemed to want to chat about anything else this afternoon so I thought id try and spice things up, thought about a 182 is faster than the 172 and Cup but didnt want my head blowing off:devilish: