ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 engine swap into 1.2

1.2 mk2 renault clio
Been thinking about swapping my clios engine to a 182 recently as i like my clio and would like to keep it but is lacking in power so thoight i would just see if anyone else has had experience in this

Howell

ClioSport Club Member
  172, Crafter, A3
What Matt said.

I'm guessing you've recently passed and bored of the power? Save the money for a 182 and when insurance lets you pal. Boring old man answer i know, but we've all been there

1.2 mk2 renault clio
What Matt said.

I'm guessing you've recently passed and bored of the power? Save the money for a 182 and when insurance lets you pal. Boring old man answer i know, but we've all been there
Fair enough just wundering if it was even worth it cause if it was just a drop in job then i would probably just do it for a project

1.2 mk2 renault clio
If its a project your after, why not look for a 172/182 that needs a bit of work doing? spend the next year or two tarting it up ready.
If i could find one close by at the right price i would. Had the same plan with a mx5 last year but never found the right one

R3k1355

ClioSport Club Member
and suspension, brakes, wheels and tyres.

Unless you particularly want all the fun of 1.2 handling with 182 levels of power.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
If its a project your after, why not look for a 172/182 that needs a bit of work doing? spend the next year or two tarting it up ready.
Definitely the better option.

Plus at your age, I'd guess that the standard 1*2 insurance would be bad, When you tell them that it's a heavily modified 1.2, the zeroes will just start to get added to the premium.

R3k1355

ClioSport Club Member
Some younger people have said modified insurance for them wasn't too bad, it's at least worth looking at a quote.

I guess people just don't do that much to their cars anymore, or they do something like a remap, but keep quiet about it so the insurance companies never know.

1.2 mk2 renault clio
Some younger people have said modified insurance for them wasn't too bad, it's at least worth looking at a quote.

I guess people just don't do that much to their cars anymore, or they do something like a remap, but keep quiet about it so the insurance companies never know.
I reckon if i was to do it i would just keep it quite and see when the insurance needs to renew how much it would be

R3k1355

ClioSport Club Member
Your in the s**t if you dont declare it, if you have an accident.

This, if you stack it the police will come down on you like a ton of bricks. Licence losing stuff.

If you stack it and hurt someone you'll be spending a decent stretch inside.