ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 non cup to cup

Hello there, posted before looking to get a 182. Now most advertised seem to be standard ie. non cup. Not sure if this is because the garages know the difference beteen but thats another issue.

If i was to purchase a non cup 182 can you upgrade to bith cup packs for a price or is the chassis different or is it just suspension?

thank for your help

welsh

Porsche Boxster987S
the spoiler and splitter can be bought and the wheels can be done in anthracite. Unsure about suspension though. oh and the xenons can be bought aswell. pricey and pointless imo. just get a ff to save the hassle tbh:)

now I am confused as most say they have xenon lights, dont standard have xenon lights too?

So an FF (whihc has both cup packs) will have the anthracite wheels, i do prefer them to the shiny ones. But then again someone could have changed the wheels.

so the ff has a diff spoiler, is it bigger? whats a splitter?!

Im guessing you mean changing from a standard 182 to a 182 with both cup packs?

If so, the differences are slightly lowered suspension, grey wheels, front and rear spoilers. Front hubs are different bolt spacing too.

The rear cup spoilier looks crap, prefer the standard one which follows the roofline better.. Splitter you can get from K-Tec cheaper than renault, and fit some Eibach Sportlines which will be better than the cup suspension. As for the wheels... meh, anthracite is soo 2005 anyway.

106 GTI
Splitter is a small rubber piece that runs along the bottom of the front bumper

The spoiler has a slightly bigger kick at the back

now I am confused as most say they have xenon lights, dont standard have xenon lights too?

So an FF (whihc has both cup packs) will have the anthracite wheels, i do prefer them to the shiny ones. But then again someone could have changed the wheels.

so the ff has a diff spoiler, is it bigger? whats a splitter?!

yes, both have Xenons.

Same specs apart from what I listed above.

ok thanks, still amazed at the quick replies on this site. So if i get a standard 182 converting to something like a cup isnt that difficult or expensive. thanks

ok thanks, still amazed at the quick replies on this site. So if i get a standard 182 converting to something like a cup isnt that difficult or expensive. thanks

you can make it better than a '182 with cup packs' for around £400, or £600 if you want the wheels refurbed in anthracite.

ok cool so this Ktec is the place to look. No offense to anyone here but the really dont want massive spoilers and stickers and huge bore exausts. I want it to look normal but be good fun. To be fair i currently drive a rover 420 so the standard 182 will probly be fast enough.

Also doing research i am reading (sorry to change subject) that there are loads of faults with the clios and they are cheaply made. I realise they are made cheaply but is there likely gonna be expensive faults with electronics like the ABS or ESO or the wipers etc which i imagine are ££. what do you guys think about reliabiltiy as this will be my only car. Also servicing and parts etc are they still pretty cheap as they are Renault or becuase ita 182 are they pricey? so you get it serviced at a special sports garage or standard etc?

many thanks

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

If so, the differences are slightly lowered suspension, grey wheels, front and rear spoilers. Front hubs are different bolt spacing too.

The rear cup spoilier looks crap, prefer the standard one which follows the roofline better.. Splitter you can get from K-Tec cheaper than renault, and fit some Eibach Sportlines which will be better than the cup suspension. As for the wheels... meh, anthracite is soo 2005 anyway.
Not sure about that, the whole point about the cup suspension set up was that it wasn't just lowering springs. Get a cup packed car in the first place, will make it easier to sell on.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
ok cool so this Ktec is the place to look. No offense to anyone here but the really dont want massive spoilers and stickers and huge bore exausts. I want it to look normal but be good fun. To be fair i currently drive a rover 420 so the standard 182 will probly be fast enough.

Also doing research i am reading (sorry to change subject) that there are loads of faults with the clios and they are cheaply made. I realise they are made cheaply but is there likely gonna be expensive faults with electronics like the ABS or ESO or the wipers etc which i imagine are ££. what do you guys think about reliabiltiy as this will be my only car. Also servicing and parts etc are they still pretty cheap as they are Renault or becuase ita 182 are they pricey? so you get it serviced at a special sports garage or standard etc?

many thanks
On my fifth 172/182. Never had anything other than consumables (tyres, brakes etc) need doing that I can recall. Never broken down either.
Servicing is comparable to any car in the same class (CTR, MCS)

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
With the prices how they are atm, there is NO reason why not to hold out and get a 182FF with both cup packs. To get a cup spoiler and paint it aswell as a splitter is 250 straight away.
You would be silly to buy a un cup packed one atm, unless it was going to be a track car and get stripped and everything changed anyway.

Focus ST
Conclusion....

Hold out for a 182FF with cup packs or get a 182 Cup

Lern da interwebz lingo (ctr / mcd / kk bai / gtfo / imo now gtfo.... etc)

Have fun and grin massively everytime you drive your car :D

VW Caddy Van
I have cup springs doing nothing if u want them. Can arrange courier etc for u too for a extra charge. PM me

Wheels can be done as has been said and theirs a cup spoiler on ebay atm so not hard to do. U need the springs for the cup suspension as i'm sure thats the only main difference that side of things

RB 182FF, Saxo Track Car.

Whats the Cup stud pattern?

Also if you have 182FF which stud pattern will it have?

Dodgy one
Whats the Cup stud pattern?

Also if you have 182FF which stud pattern will it have?

Stud patternts the same on them all, Its the spacing on the strut/hub which is different, Cup packed and cup ones are 60mm, 56mm is non cupped IIRC

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
the cup packed cars also have the cup chassis which should be different from the normal one (stiffer maybe). the suspension part can be done quite easy if you have the money to buy springs, shocks and the hubs. lower ball joint mounting holes are 13 mm diameter instead of 10 mm (non cup) if I remember correctly.
I suggest buying a 182 cup or FF and if not sure if it has the cup pack, remove the wheel and measure the shock mounting holes on the hub. they should have a 60 mm spacing between, just like rich said above