ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 unleaded octane grade

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

I have an imported 182 and inside the filler cap it recommends the car is run on 98 grade i.e optimax.

Are the uk renault dealer supplied 182s the same?

I have been running it on normal 95 unleaded while running it in. Now it is ran in I have opened it up a little and it suprisingly very quick although still a little tight.

Cant wait to get the optimax in there because there has to be some power loss if the engine is tuned to 98 grade?

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

A mate had an imported subaru sti and was losing approx 30 bhp because he was runnin it on 95 grade.

I guess that is nearly 10% so the clio could be losing out on approx 18 bhp!

I dont think the engine can use the advantage of increased RON. It probably will take account if the fuel to low spec but what spec that is I dont know.

You should bed the engine in hard though the first 20 miles. Easy running in can lead to rings not bedding in so lost power.

If the engine does take advantage the only real way of telling is to reset the ECU (pull the battery for 10minutes and reconnect). The ECU probably only re-tries for higher RON every now and again but with a reset will go to max settings and then adjust the time from there.