ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200+ bhp 172 Conversion

Anyone who is interested check out the new Ladsport advert in this weeks motoring news or enquire at mailto:enquiries@ladmotorsport.co.uk">enquiries@ladmotorsport.co.uk

According to their advert the engine conversion is £1200 inc. vat.

They also do brake, suspension and exhaust upgrades or you can buy a brand-new converted car from them.

320d M Sport

do u mean LAD Motorsport? If so theyre notoriuos (SP?) on SaxoSportsCLub for their "160BHP" Conversion, which, well didnt give 160 ona VTS or 106gti, more like 135..... suppose well see as someones bound to get it done!

Paddy

i thought it was the LAD180 conversion.......

i always thought that was a bit suspect with no TBs!?

But it did look well done.

320d M Sport

never worked though ben!! They do a 160, then if u want they do "race spec2 manifold and u get another 10. they did build 1 180BHP model and called it evolution, just heard too much sh*t against them to think it true! Hope it aint like, know what i mean!??

oh yeah, agree its a bit of poetic licence, maybe its 180 added bits, or 180 wishful thoughts? LOL

the product might not be there, but the work looks class....

manifold for 10bhp more......LOL

320d M Sport

i know! imagine all the VTS owners who shelled out, went to the RR day and got toasted by cars with a Full magnex system and not much else!! Gutted.

LOL...i would KILL LAD, and couldnt you get legal action for not delivering paid for goods?

FRST and 106 GTi

even a couple of days ago we were talking about this BenR.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL BenR, you are posting from 30 December 2001.

Does the Einstein theory works? If you could travel at the speed of light, then you could travel throught time. Or something like that. :p

FRST and 106 GTi

opps.. something wrong or am I going #"$"#4? is this the date you joined the forum?

ya, who cares. :/

Quote: Originally posted by BUTRE on 09 January 2003

even a couple of days ago we were talking about this BenR.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL BenR, you are posting from 30 December 2001.

Does the Einstein theory works? If you could travel at the speed of light, then you could travel throught time. Or something like that. :p
DOOD!

you have so lost me here........

BTW, LD dont use TBs on teh conversion.....so the hike they say is impossible....but its NOT impossible to get 180bhp....see;)

Paddy its bin lowered 40mm all round on APEX springs id say it looks just right on the 17s but in the winter the standard 16s go back on and it looks really low whats urs bin lowered ?

Had a look on their site and couldnt find any reference to Clios. Will be interesting to hear how they claim to get 200 bhp from a single throttle body. Tuners I know that have fitted reprofilled cams havent seen expected claimed results - less than 5 bhp peak. The std. head is supposed to be good although gains should be possible.

Could they increase the capacity of the engine to say a 2.2 and make a profit from selling the conversion for £1200 inc. vat?

Ive sent e-mails to LAD asking for specific details. Im guessing from other conversions that they have done that the mods are probably exhaust, induction, minor head work and remapping. How they claim to have obtained 200+ bhp from this is unknown, will have to ask them if they have any dyno or rolling road results.

C

Cupster

Nice, Iwould like to know the details if they come back to you mate.

Here is the reply to an enguiry I sent to LAD

Thank you for your enquiry with reference to our Clio Sport 200,the engine power has been increased by a fully reworked cylinder head,larger inlet and exh ports,modified valve seats,and combustion chamber shape.this has not only increased the BHP but the torque is also improved.We do not re-chip any of our conversions as the power increase is not enough to warrant the price and all our conversions must still meet new car emissions this is very important.We are at the moment waiting for a replacement back box and after fitting this we can check the power increase from the std unit on our Rolling Road.The increased bhp at the moment is with the engine kit, std exh system and filter.Suspension has been lowered by around 35mm with springs while still retaing the std dampers they are superb for the job again nice and stiff.this has greatly reduced the torque steer We will not fit coil over units for a road car as it spoils the ride,but we are so impressed with this car that we are further developing parts for competition.I would like you and may be other Clio Sport owners through the club website to come and try this car and I will do some special deals for the first few owners to promote this kit.Please see our website LADMOTORSPORT.CO.UK if you are not familiar with our company.

Regards Ernie Larton. LAD Motorsport. Tel. 01524 62748

Hmmmmmm

So am I correct in saying that the only engine modifications performed have been to the cylinder head? Im sure this will give results - dont know how much though. Do other cars make similar bhp with a reworked head? 28 bhp from head work - what do you think BenR?

FRST and 106 GTi

I know BenR.. .LOLLL sorry about that. :p

without TBs? hum... what about a saxo kit car spec?

Ive been looking at the engine conversion for the 306 GTi and guess what £1200 + vat. This includes cylinder head modifications and revised camshaft timing and all work and fitting. They dont get give any bhp figures for this.

Also need to make sure that if they have replaced the valves that they have fitted ones made from Nimonic which offers resistance to higher temperatures (this is what the std. ones are made from).