ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200bhp Clio coming on great!

Just to keep all updated on my project, got my Williams wheels today, they weill be sent to Pro Clean to have them sprayed white with a silver lip.

Megane head is on its way to BenR at the moment and teh car is being dropped off at GDI HQ on friday for Ben to wave his AngelWorks wand at it!

Hopefully it will be ready for the RR day on March the 5th, then straight to the bodyshop and on with the willy track! Its gonna be a very good season!

Pics would be useless as th eonly work carried out at the moment (Williams engine/box and manual steering conversion) arent worth photoing at mo!

Car is just a white clio 16v that hasnt been washed for a while, with leather. Im sure the pics will start flowing as soon as its dropped off to Angel Works Technology!

BTW big thanks to gunnergibson for dropping of my wheels, nice meeting you mate.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

What spec are you cooking up Clean?

You still going to Maran racing for T/ bodies?

Martin, maran racing seem to have vanished, BenR is doing the conversion at AWT.

Spec will be as follows;

Williams bottom end, megane head with AWT headwork, 280 cams, AWT throttle body kit (based around Jenvey gear), OMEX ecu. BenR will know a little better then me, but he is hoping for 200+ bhp and circa 170 lb/ft torque! Should be a little monstor but it will be prepared for shows also!

Chris, car when totally finished, including willy track/coilovers/the car itself/T/B conversion, willy engine/box/new clutch blah blah blah will be 8k. Not too bad i think!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

mint mate!!!!! cant wait to see it all done!!! i think were gonna be seeing one fookin fast mk1!!!

flippen heck pal, you must have a good job or something as your certainly not holding back on the spending!

Good luck with the project though pal and looking forward to seeing it! Maybe you can come over to mine and martins end this time and ill meet you if you get lost!!!lol

Latest update, just been on the phone to Paul at infinicar and Andy GDI, the willy track with GAZ coilovers are scheduled to be put on begining of next week. New top mounts, wishbones and bushes at the same time.

AWTs part (the engine) is coming on ok as well, waiting for parts is the big killer but progress pics are in the pipeline! not long now, roll on march the 12th!

Just a little worried about the drive back, drove it there with a knocking top mount and 150bhp, driving it back with over 200bhp and coilovered willy track! should be intresting!

flippen heck, wish I could spend as much as you on the motor....looking forward to when shes all done mate...youll have to take us out for a blast clean???

Danny

Quote: Originally posted by clean16v on 28 February 2005

Just a little worried about the drive back, drove it there with a knocking top mount and 150bhp, driving it back with over 200bhp and coilovered willy track! should be intresting!
your not the only one pal, its the 200+bhp in a tin can bit that scares me!!! Tell ya what tho, im looking forward to this in a big way... gotta let me have a go too pal ;) lol

yeah eveyone can jump in for a blast (not at the same time tho).

Waiting for pics myself, its all work in progress at mo and waiting for parts! Not even gonna cost as much as you think, latest estimate of price is circa £7k including car, willy engine/box, new track and suspension, T/B conversion, full re-spray, willy wheels refurbed, basically all in.

hell yeah, not been for a season, want to see this TT clio and Nick Reads. And will be good to finally meet you Martin. Its defo gonna be a good season!

Mehdis bits are comming along nicely.

His custom cams are arriving mid of this week, Throttle bodies are being held up over the smallest part, but will also be here mid this week.

And right now the head is being roughed out to create the port shape requied for the setup and the extensive flow development.

Just a few pics.

Stripped head

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/322000-322999/322115_125_full.jpg

Std Chamber and view of inlet ports

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/322000-322999/322115_126_full.jpg

Roughed out chamber and std ports

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/322000-322999/322115_129_full.jpg

Roughed out chamber and roughed out ports, developing the short side and the right areas of the bowl. There are certain areas you do not even want to touch at all!

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/322000-322999/322115_128_full.jpg

Another view of std port (note machining)

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/322000-322999/322115_130_full.jpg

View of roughed out port, note short side radius development and flattening of the floor and tightning of corners between wall and floor.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/322000-322999/322115_131_full.jpg

This is the very first stage of improving a head, so aesthetically its not very appealing, but it is where the majority of the work is done, and where the flow is gained. Tidying up could essentially be secluded to making customers feel happy that it is smooth and semi shiny........no actual flow gain occurs between the roughed shape and the smoothed shape, as they are the same. However, textures are used to energise the charge in certain areas of the port.

So dont worry, itll look better.

Ill keep the updates comming.

Thats it for now!

looking good there, wish i could do all this to my motor!

How much is the full re-spray gonna cost fella and where u getting it done?

Danny

BMW 320d Sport

Excellent news, keep up the good work. James G was asking me about my next outing to Santa Pod...Ill leave it until after we get back from the Ring; who knows what could be broken, but assuming its all ok, sometime around the end of April/beginning of May Ill be up for some quarter miling if you want something to go against. Itll be the Pod though, not York.

Cheers Nick, i hope to get a run agianst yours this season, would be good to see the differences in power delivery!

danny, the whole respray is costing me £400, in white, includes sorting some rust out, smoothing the tailgate and de-badging the front. Its the same place the did Martins banana.

Is that over in Manchester then?

Is it normally that good a price or do you get discount or something???

All the quotes ive had have been for about £1k!!!

Sounds absolutely lush - just the sort of thing my heart says I should be doing...but my head said otherwise and hence I have a 172!

Danny, its in Liverpool, and its a price available to all, currently trying to sort a group buy with two other members to see if we can get a further discount.

Ben, i nearly bought a 182, but the amount of money i would lose depreciation wise on that would be similar to the clio im building, except this clio will b exactly what i want and come in at a few thousand pounds cheaper, not to mention the pace!

OLD SKOOL ALL THE WAY CLEAN!!!

Ill drop you a pm pal as im interested in a group buy as after washing it, i want all the little scratches, swirl marks etc gone!!!

Danny

P.s Tell Ben to get a move on...Im getting impatiant!!!;)

120d Sport

Yo Mehdi make sure you let me know what day your going to pick up the clio, going to book day off work and come down with you. Look forward to chasing some scoobys on the way home!

March the 12th Khan, its a saturday! Same day as GDI RR day so gonna get it on rollers then and there, see what eveyrone elses make, then have a sweet drive home!

Quote: Originally posted by Khany on 02 March 2005

Yo Mehdi make sure you let me know what day your going to pick up the clio, going to book day off work and come down with you. Look forward to chasing some scoobys on the way home!
May as well jump in my car then pal when we go... 10 days :devilish: