ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

4 Faults after only one hour!!!

Picked up my brand new 172 today and I just cant believe it.......

I noticed straight away that there were two chips one the paintwork which I pointed out to the salesman who said "write Ill book that in for you wright away sir", Then after the long and boring demonstration of how everything works I finally get on the road and drive the thing!. I decieded to go for a spin up the motorway to put a few miles on the clock, this is when I noticed the second fault, when going In a straight line and on the level it pulls to the left! this is the fault im worried about the most as it could be a million and one things causing it and I dont fancy thoses mechanics changing and messing about with my new car. Then a couple of mins later a light near the speedo caught my eye, it was the service and traction control lights. By this stage I was feeling pretty low, I thought these are the sort of problems you get when buying a second hand car but NOT A NEW ONE. Anyway thats 3 faults and as the title says theres one more to come. A little while later up the motorway a white van flashes me from behind then overtakes, I cant workout why so I forget about it until I got to the services where while parking I noticed in a reflection that the brake lights were stuck on.

Im taking back to the dealer tomorrow so hopefully they will sort it quickly but what an anticlimax to the day I ve been waiting for, for 2 months.

<rant over>

Apart from that everythings fine.

Thats terrible. I wonder if Renault dealers actually know what PDI stands for.

Why do all these niggling problems only seem to occur on 172s? My mums basic Clio has never had any problems.

2012 WRX Waggon

YEP - I think ur right Mat!!

must admit, most of the problems I have developed after about 3 months

mainly warning lights, and a clutch problem - yet to be resolved.

Lee

BMW M2C

Sorry to hear that. I just hope when they fix the faults they dont create any more.

Mine also pulls to the left and has done from day one.

Quote: Originally posted by Sleepy172 on 10 September 2003

Mine pulls to the left. It was in at a dealer, no fault found....

Standard feature isnt it?
This can be sorted, basically, you get one kwick-fit fitter to sit in the car and hold the steering wheel straight while two others are at the wheels, then you get three more to stand around drooling and giving advice, do this twice......It worked for my 172..perfect straight steering :D

Quote: Originally posted by VivJ on 10 September 2003

Quote: Originally posted by Sleepy172 on 10 September 2003

Mine pulls to the left. It was in at a dealer, no fault found....

Standard feature isnt it?
This can be sorted, basically, you get one kwick-fit fitter to sit in the car and hold the steering wheel straight while two others are at the wheels, then you get three more to stand around drooling and giving advice, do this twice......It worked for my 172..perfect straight steering :D

Not so sure I like the sound of the drooling.....:eek: But why should we pay to get it done correctly?

Golf 1.4 TSI

my brake light also got stuck on and it was something to do with the alarm, when i put the alarm on it no longer beeped 3times like it usually did, when they sorted the alarm the brake lights returned to normal, i was glad they did as renaualty mechanics spend a day trying to sort the brake lights first, ejits

Ziel Nurburgring

jeez, what a laugh i can look forward to when renault actually deliver my car. Sales pitch of 6 weeks, actuall delivery time of 10 weeks so far. Nov 4th is the day they are quoting now. Mo Fos.

I recon the reason why more problems seem to occur with 172s/V6s/cups is that they are built in a different factory to the other clio models. They are built at the alpine/renaultsport factory in Dieppe. Photos of the factory that I have seen show it to be rather low tech .

Chris.