ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Accident/Insurance Question

Hey all,

Almost 2 weeks ago my girlfriend pulled out of the top of my road and clipped the rear tyre/wing of another car. She exchanged phone numbers, addresses and registration plates, however not any insurance details as she didnt have them with her.

My girlfriend said she was happy to pay for the damage and the other lady said she'd get it checked and let her know as it was only a very minor scrape.

I've looked at my girlfriends car and all she could have hit is the other persons tyre as there was a rubber scuff mark on her bumper/wing.

Anyways, cutting a long story short its been 2 weeks and the ladies partner phoned tonight saying they haven't had it checked out yet, but will take it to kwik fit when they get time and let her know.

Now to me its been 2 weeks and presumed we wouldn't here from them. It also annoys me that my girlfriend will now be stressing for the next however many days until they phone again. And, to top it off they're taking the car to s**t Fit who will find something wrong even if there isn't.

The way I see it two weeks have passed, there were no witnesses, the police weren't informed, no insurance details were exchanged etc. then theres not much really they can do now???

Does anyone know what the laws are on this, i've heard with some insurers you have to claim within a certain time?

I know my girlfriend was in the wrong, but I feel they've been a bit out of order dragging it out for so long and causing her to be really stressed since it happened.

Any advice appreciated,

Thanks

2 weeks is nothing in Insurance World m8 - it can take months to sort anything out...

But yes, you would have thought they'd have been a bit quicker getting it checked out, but they might just work silly hours or something or have busy lives!

I dont think there is any damage to the car, apparently they want to get the tyre checked out and the suspension. Trouble is its been two weeks so they could have damaged it some other way (unlikely i know) since then.

172 Cup & 600BHP supra
i work for an insurer, in claims. You can make a claim upto 6months after the incident (depending on tpye of claim, theft is different). As you have admitted fault for the accident you do really have to wait for the TP to "claim", you cant really chase them. If you have given them your details (girlfriends), such as address then this can be viewed as accepting involvement, so you cannot say you were not involved now. BUT if they com back to you and claim there is more damage than you think there was, related to this accident then your girlfriend should refuse to pay and tell the Third PArty to go through there insurer, as her insurer will dispute damage on her behalf and only pay for what they feel to be related. Any more questions then PM me.

Hope this helps!