ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adeys F4RT Twingo GT

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Im a mong and posted all this in the wrong thread.

NA cam (older)
Lift : Inlet - 8,849 mm Outlet - 8,850 mm
Timing :10Ā° 31Ā° / 25Ā° 8Ā°
77 00 100 140

NA cam (newer)
Lift : Inlet - 8,004 mm Outlet - 8,850 mm
Timing :10Ā° 24Ā° / 25Ā° 8Ā°
82 00 664 673

Turbo cam
82 00 658 986

Just for future ref.

Also parts on the way, 4 bar fuel pressure reg to give me a tiny bit more scope from my injectors without slapping huge ones in and an R35 GTR fuel pump. My thinking is the GTR runs 2 of these and will do 600bhp all day long so one should be a capable of 300bhp, plenty more than i need.

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
So first day of new ownership and a few very minor things to sort. Secure the battery in the boot, easy and quick šŸ‘šŸ» identify and replace duff injector causing the eml and lumpy idle. Whilst the rail was out I decided to pop the multimeter on all of them, all well below par, so with the 4 injectors tarby gave me and 2 I had left in my stash I managed to find 4 matched to refit. All seems good now so just need to give it an eyeball and book a test.

20201220_122218.jpg

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Bloody wimpšŸ˜‚ Just for reference to that engine it was on 99k and had a fresh oil and filter at 98k a month before the car was scrapped and had FSH. Renault up until 2014 and local garages after thatšŸ˜‚

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
So passed its MOT, then i got stuck in the mother of all downpours, stuck in floods, the wee twingo did its best to keep me safe and dry (ish). Ended up having to get a hotel for the night. Ive never s**t myself so much, water kissing the wingmirrors! She is very wet and running on 3 now. Hopefully its just an injector again....... Ive tested it with the multimeter and im getting totally open on number 3 so fingers crossed its just that. Oh and i lost my number plate in the flood water. Fun times.

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
not at all. 5 hours to do a 20min journey and freezing my tits off as I pushed some stranded cars out of floods in my shorts šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļønight in a travelodge was crap too as it was so noisy in the town center.

yeah MOT was all good with a couple of "minors" šŸ˜‰šŸ˜

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Gave it a quick rinse off today and she came up ok. Too cold to go all out with a deep clean and polish but a hot jetwash and rinse down took the bulk of the grime off.

20201227_131744.jpg
20201227_125958.jpg

I could do with getting the fog light surrounds, wing mirrors and spoiler professionaly painted along with a wheel refurb but I'm in no rush with that and will probably just hit them with some more rattle can satin black to tide me over.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Very aggressive looking little car! Quite an adventure with the floods and for it was only the injector. Black mirror caps look good too!

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
I did something unthinkable! I Raised the suspension on the twingo! only by 10/15mm but it should make it handle abit nicer, will look to add a rear arb at somepoint which should help it handle a whole load better if I get it out on track in 2021. That said it wasn't ever bad, I just spent too long listening to people talk on you tube about cog and roll centre's

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Such a little part but a big difference even though I'd already rubbed some of the cowling away for clearance. Now its smooth as silk when steering. I'll need to sort the indicator self correct but I'll wait till I find and fit a cruise squib for that.

20210106_124035.jpg
20210106_125013.jpg
20210106_125321.jpg
20210106_125329.jpg

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Looks good that, how are you planning on adding cruise control is it just pulling the loom and wiring it in?

yeah basically, ive dug out the wiring diagrams and i will need to add a cruise squib and a few switches plus the wiring. Ill get the connectors and things I need from a scrappy once we can get out abit more. Looks to be about 4 wires to the ecu to get it working.

Boosted Twingo RS133
yeah basically, ive dug out the wiring diagrams and i will need to add a cruise squib and a few switches plus the wiring. Ill get the connectors and things I need from a scrappy once we can get out abit more. Looks to be about 4 wires to the ecu to get it working.
Seems an easy jobby for such a reward might even give it a go in my RS when youve got it working!

But ill let you do all the hard work :ROFLMAO:

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Are you sure yours isn't already pre wired for it? Some are and its just a case of adding the switches. Mine isn't so needs extra wiring. Check behind the panel on the right of the column to see if you have a spare plug floating about šŸ‘šŸ»

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Slowly working through some bits on the Twingo, a cruise squib has been ordered but I've heard nothing else on that since ordering šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø On the engine side my old ramair filter was battered and bruised, so I decided to slap on the tried and tested (on hondas and vw 1.8t) s2000 cone filter. f**k me it dwarfs the engine šŸ˜… good for a factory 240bhp so plenty big enough for the Twingo šŸ˜ makes the old ramair filter look tiny. Found a pic on the internet for a size comparison.

20130111_192015.jpg
20210111_192458.jpg
20210111_192502.jpg

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
So if the dopes engine build/gearbox swap was Project Lockdown 1, that would make this silly idea the Project Lockdown 3??

Take one perfectly fine and useable twingo and make it unusable.

IMG-20210121-WA0005.jpg

Buy an unseen but so say good condition and near complete F4R784 which is a Laguna GT205 engine and then try and figure out the cheapest and easiest way to make it fit. Most of it I think I have sorted/planned now. Not looking for mega power, a nice useable 225 to 250bhp would be nice to try and keep the pikey build from exploding. The light chassis should make it quite fun to use. The engine spins by hand so ill give it a cursory look over, but should be fine for the twingo and being from a laguna im going with its not been beat on as if it was in a meg (y) from what I can find the cams maybe slightly different? but the turbo is defo a 14t and it has the same injectors as a 225 šŸ‘šŸ»

20210121_171216(0).jpg