ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice needed on filter/oil

Dont what to fit an IK yet but want to upgrade standard filter element on my 172 Cup. Any ideas whats the best with out loosing any power or should I stick with reno one?

I hear Mobil 1 oil is v. good for 172s but which rating is the safest to go for - 0W 40, 10W40 or 15W 50?

Is there such a thing as upgrading your oil filter or is the standard reno one as good?

thanks,

Ben

996 Carrera

Just this weekend I replaced my air filter with a PiperX one from KTec (also fitted some smoked side indicators and silvervision bulbs in the light clusters).

Its a foam filter as opposed to the cotton filters which I think need treating every so often to keep them performing correctly. I think the foam filters just need a rinse every 20,000 miles so are much less hassle.

As for the difference in performance - the car now seems a little more perky.
The engine also seems a little louder.

Id recommend making the change (esp. when you save £20 every service as you dont get fleeced for a replacement filter).

Thanks for info monkeymagic.

I was watching re-runs of monkey magic on I love 1979 last week. Still a great tv show.

Skoda Fabia vRS

dont bother upgradin the oil filter the Renault ones are very good

as for Mobil 1, they dont do a 10W-40 mate, only the 0W-40 and 15W-50........its the 0W-40 you want