ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

advice needed......

silver valver/hybrid

right, following my incident the other day where a pedestrian, ran out in front of me, i got a quote for the repairs... £400. now do i legally have to tell my insurance company about the incident even if i dont go through my insurance? my only worry is a while back my mate hit a cyclist who cut in front of him, and even though it wasnt my mates fault, his insurance company doubled his premium just in case this cyclist tried to make a claim from him. my mate wasnt using his insurance, just informing them what happened, he wasnt happy to say the least!!! they told him this would stay like this for three years. where do i stand?

Clio Williams No123

You dont have to tell them anything unless they ask....I gave away that I had 3 points and they added £200 to my premium, and the lady kindly told me that I didnt need to declare that, but now they have a record, so had to act on it.

As far as I know, unless they ask you about incidents you dont need to declare them.