ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice on Dynamiques

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

We went to Renault dealer in Telford on sunday, the missus wants a new clio, she drove the 1.2 16v and is going from an mtv (1.2 8v). She wasnt THAT impressed with the 1.2 and I think now is more keen on the 1.4 16v. Will there be much difference between them bearing in mind the 1.4 is £50 a month more?

Its a very good deal they have on new clios at the moment, 1.2 16v for under 7k and the 1.4 is 9k i think with free insurance.

Dont see the point in the 1.4. Were they both new?

I dont see the point in getting a budget car unless it does the budget stuff best, like fuel economy, cheap servicing etc.. you may as well just get the cheapest. I had a drag with a 1.4 on the A130 and he didnt pull a gap.

-Rob

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

yeah both new - u put down 150 quid deposit and then the 1.2 is 150 per month for 3 years, the 1.4 is 200 after that u either pay the rest off or give it back.

They offered her 2400 for her car, cash back which she can use for anything!

NICE DEAL!

Meg on pistonheads £6995

consider max. deposit, minimum final payment - 35% and 15%, so you are not stung at end of deal.

check Reno finance carefully - I saved about £1000 by asking for all extras like Gap Insurance, Tyre Cover etc. to be taken off (OK if you have a decent deposit, so that your car is worth more than any outstanding credit!).

I went for £3500 deposit, £200pm and £1500 final figure - the cars mine and ALL paid for in 2 years!

I also saved £1200 off list (found best price on internet and got 5 dealers to knock £100 a time off by phone under the pretence of buy today, then simply walked into my local dealer with best offer and offered deposit NOW if they beat by £50)

Got a dCi 80 with air & metallic for £10100 including all credit charges in June 03 (list was 11K, import £9700+ fees)

have you even tried/considered a dCi - a 1.2 driven v.carefully will only do 50mpg - my dCi does 72 or 60 driven HARD!

even the 65dCi is nippy!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

hmmm its not down to me! She does do a lot of mileage but i dont think she fancies a diesel

Volvo S60 D5

I got a 1.4 16V rather than the 1.2-16. Its defo quicker, drive both and youll feel it, however at £50 a month more it prolly isnt worth it tbh (3 years??)

Got my Dynamiqe with met paint & cool pack (climate & leccy sunroof) for £9k brand new OTR after some haggling.

I really wish I had gone for the 1.6 16V now, but Im more than happy with the 1.4.

The 1.2 16V has 75hp. The 1.4 16V has 98hp, its significantly quicker. The difference in the monthly payment is not only the £400 difference in price but that the 1.4 16V (and 1.6 16V, dCi 80 and dCi 100) come with Free Insurance

172, Tiguan

Id get the diesel. Ive owned both a 1.4 16v and a 65 Dci and the diesel was a great car.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

get a 1.6! theyre nippy enough and are still fairly cheap to buy and insure 110bhp standard + they are the rarest dynamique!

Volvo S60 D5

Quote: Originally posted by david_129 on 22 March 2004

get a 1.6! theyre nippy enough and are still fairly cheap to buy and insure 110bhp standard + they are the rarest dynamique!

Yeah, as I said in my post I wish I had got the 1.6! But the 1.4 is good enough for me!

i went form a clio mtv to a 1.2 16v and found the extra 8v to be much better wanna sell it now thu but still nippy for a 1.2 but get the best u can afford