ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

alarm arming

Can anyone tell me if the dealer supplied 172s flash the hazard lights when arming/disarming as is normal. Just had an aftermarket alarm fitted and the fogs flash as matey told me some guff about polarity on French cars, could he see the MUG on my forehead. Minor point anyway I suppose.

Nissan R35 GT-R

Well all new Clios flash their hazards once when unlocking, and twice when locking.

This is not the alarm though, its the central locking.

The standard 172 alarm doesnt kick in until the car has been locked for over 1 minute.

Thanks Frosty, thats made me think it may be quite useful, when the missus parks outside I can see if shes just locked the car with the key or locked and alarmed it with the fob. Its a laserline alarm there doesnt seem to be much mention about them in previous posts.

fogs flash? erm, it should be your hazard warning lights that flash again after arming the car. I carnt see having a alarm/central locking on the same circuit causing that much resistance. You should have got the toad manufacturers upgrade which arms/disarms at the same time as you use the central locking key fob. the only draw-back is that you cannot lock your car with the engine off using the central locking button or it arms the car.

Ok guys thanks, guess I didnt do enough research beforehand. Id like a few confirmations from those who have had aftermarket alarms fitted to their 172s that the hazards flash when alarming, same as when locking with the standard remote key. Then tomorrow Ill be having a word.;)

hazards flash once to arm the car on the aftermarket versions and twice to disarm when using it with your current key fob - how mine works.

fogs do nothing... i think your sparky was just lazy - probably easier for him to do it that way.