ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alarm problems

Hi, just want to know if anyone has experienced the same or similar problems with an aftermarket alarm.

I bought an imported clio back in July and decided straight away to fit an alram. I choice a Toad AI606 as although it wasnt the cheapest Id read nothing but good things about it.

From day 1 Ive had problems keeping the alarm in sync with the cars central locking. Sometimes the doors lock when arming the alarm sometimes they dont and I have to use the Renault fob, when the alarm is in sync the door locking button on the central console also doesnt work. Sometimes the alarm locks all the doors on turning the ignition on other times it doesnt.

Th one alarm company have been back twice and I am now on my second unit as at frst they blamed it on the alarm. Now they are blaming it on the car and saying that you probably cant fit an alrm on a clio, this I know to be b****cks because of this site. They are also saying there is only one way left they can possibly wire the alarm up.

Any ideas?

sorry to hear about your issues with the AI606, i just had mine fitted and it works a treat!! i would prob have beleived the guy when he said about your car being the problem.. however if the orignal key works then clearly this isnt the case!!

not sure what to advise really?! :confused:

ps.. the locking of the doors when the ignition is switched on is normal.. anti hijack stuff.. however it should work every time!! not every now and then!! :eek:

Thanks for the reply, Ive e-mailed Toad to ask if they have a suggested wiring diagram for the new clio. Apparently Renault have changed there central locking system, now only using a single wire for locking and unlocking. I cant see how this is a problem as I know many peolple who have the AI606 fitted to other new renaults.

I suspect there is a problem with the way the alarm has been wired.