ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alpina D3 Bi Turbo F31 Touring

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Rangie Sport, Westie
Before you all ask, I've still got the Alfa but I could not turn this down!

Alpina UK's own D3 Touring.

It's literally everything you can need from a car.

Quick spec:

350bhp - 530lb/ft
RWD
Factory fit Alpina LSD
8 Speed auto
Alpina suspension
Grey leather
Glacier Silver
Pro Nav
Pan roof
Adaptive headlights
Electric folding tow bar

Oh and its done 220k miles. It's first owner was Alpina UK's director who is afraid of flying, so he did 210k in it in 5 years! Last owner did a further 10k in it over the last year. It still has 6 weeks worth of BMW extended warranty on it! Ironically I drove this car in 2014 when it has 6K miles on it!

Averaged 45mpg on the way home at outside of the m-way speeds.

As for condition, I'll let the photo's speak for it. They were done with the car on 210k miles.....since then the last owner took the mud flaps off and had the windows tinted.

IMG_2151.jpeg
IMG_2589.jpeg
IMG_2602.jpeg
IMG_2712.jpeg
IMG_2714.jpeg
IMG_2727.jpeg
IMG_2728.jpeg
IMG_2731.jpeg
IMG_2744.jpeg
IMG_2755.jpeg

Jeff simply

ClioSport Club Member
Lovely. But that steering wheel makes my balls bleed.

Can you swap the Badge on to an M Sport steering wheel??
Pretty sure that's a pre-facelift M sport steering wheel. It looks exactly like the one I had in my M135i at least! (at some point in 2014 they moved to the thin one you're thinking of)

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Steering wheel does look like it is from a SAAB.
210k, wouldn't put me off, if the monies were right.

massivewangers

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
It looks tidy and has interesting history, but surely it's not going to last that long? Unless everything has been replaced?

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
  Civic
Very nice. Does it run the N57 335d engine with Alpina ECU fettle?

D3 is based on the 335d and utilises a modified version of its 3.0-litre N57 inline-6 engine. The engine has received the same modification as the B3, those being a larger intercooler, Alpina specific ECU and wiring loom and a high-strength steel crankshaft. These modifications allow the engine to generate 350 PS (257 kW; 345 hp) at 4,000 rpm and 700 N⋅m (516 lb⋅ft) of torque. The engine is mated to the same 8-speed automatic transmission as found on the B3 with a limited slip differential available as an option. Like the B3, the D3 is available in either a saloon or a wagon body style.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Rangie Sport, Westie
Very nice. Does it run the N57 335d engine with Alpina ECU fettle?
What Rojer said.. the turbos are slightly different too (well they have different part numbers).

Its amazing how many Alpina only parts there are in the drivetrain, even parts of the gearbox casing are unique.

JB21

ClioSport Club Member
What Rojer said.. the turbos are slightly different too (well they have different part numbers).

Its amazing how many Alpina only parts there are in the drivetrain, even parts of the gearbox casing are unique.
Good to know the N57 will do moon miles without issue. My F30 330d is only on 70k so hopefully many years of motoring left in it.

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Potty mouthed lot you are, Alpina wheels are awesome I tell you.

I'd love to have one of these, even if it does run on devil's brew.

Nice to see one used for what it was designed for too, racking up the miles crossing continents.

Clio MK4 TCE 120
Hmm it's been discussed over on pH i hope you paid a lot less than the 21k it was up for

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Goddamnit, you've got me seriously sniffing around the six pot D3/D4/D5 BiTurbos now.

I know you pay a hell of a premium for them, but once they've taken their initial beating they hold on to that premium price pretty well.

Yes, Man Maths.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I wonder if the twin turbo set up from the E9x 335d would fit on the E46 330d 🤔

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Rangie Sport, Westie
Goddamnit, you've got me seriously sniffing around the six pot D3/D4/D5 BiTurbos now.

I know you pay a hell of a premium for them, but once they've taken their initial beating they hold on to that premium price pretty well.

Yes, Man Maths.
They are worth it. Totally different to a normal 3 series!

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I love Alpinas - great buy.

For the miles it looks extremely tidy.

What’s the ride like? Is it quite soft or hard? Or can you adjust it?