ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alpina D3 Bi Turbo F31 Touring

R3k1355

ClioSport Club Member
Which everyone would agree.

but it doesn't explain the s**t service, ignoring emails and being so bad BMW UK want to know if they bother making contact or not.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Rangie Sport, Westie
Still got the same broken loan car. I have to put both coolant and diesel in it now.....

I did 1100 miles in it over the last 48 hours. Keep getting a critical drivetrain warning. Not ideal...

Cribert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Don’t be gentle it’s a rental

I had a corsa on here about 11 years ago and I continually rammed it into 2nd at about 60 trying to blow it up😂. It’s a yellow one, defo in a scrappy now

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Rangie Sport, Westie
Speaking of EGR coolers....just received my second letter from BMW. They want to replace mine now after they checked it last year :rolleyes:
Some people are having the fix done last time, fixed again, no idea how you can get a cooler so wrong!

Flat Eric

ClioSport Club Member
  182, Ecoboost Fez
EGR coolers ay! The 2litre diesels we build have 2 Coolers on them. One low pressure and one High. Its scary to think of the electrical bits that go on these modern engines these days.

R3k1355

ClioSport Club Member
Something to look forward to with EV's.

Obviously they will end up having their own issues, but you do away with so many of the crap systems associated with ICE cars.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Something to look forward to with EV's.

Obviously they will end up having their own issues, but you do away with so many of the crap systems associated with ICE cars.
Not to totally derail Steve’s thread, but when was the last time you went to a mechanic with an electrical fault and he said ‘ah yes, that’ll be nice and easy to find and a cheap fix’.

Electric cars will be a maintenance nightmare.

Matthew

ClioSport Club Member
Not to totally derail Steve’s thread, but when was the last time you went to a mechanic with an electrical fault and he said ‘ah yes, that’ll be nice and easy to find and a cheap fix’.

Electric cars will be a maintenance nightmare.
Again, not to derail the thread, but what the heck are all the small independent garages going to do when the ICE has been replaced by battery. Unless they all retrain as electrical engineers, they will be out of a job.

R3k1355

ClioSport Club Member
Again, not to derail the thread, but what the heck are all the small independent garages going to do when the ICE has been replaced by battery. Unless they all retrain as electrical engineers, they will be out of a job.
Suspension, brakes, tyres, MOT's and electrical.

Like I and @Rob said, there will be different issues with EV's and they will be fairly complex, but that just means there will be some re-training needed.
Previously they were taking engines apart to fix broken stuff, soon it will be circuit boards, motors and stuff.

They won't be going anywhere, but they will need to lean new skills.

Also yea, I don't want to derail the thread, but until Alpina send out the parts needed there's not much else to discuss.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Rangie Sport, Westie
On a side note in my own thread:

This 520d is one of the most complete all round cars ever.

55mpg
Lovely ride on 17’s
Interior is a great place to be
Quick enough

I feel a 530d X drive touring would be all the car anyone ever really needs.

or

Even better an Alpina D5 Touring!!

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
My brother had the 520D as a courtesy car. It was a brilliant and as you say the interior is fantastic.

Some people are having the fix done last time, fixed again, no idea how you can get a cooler so wrong!
All the letter said was "your EGR was checked and appeared to be fine, however there's still a chance it'll fail....so we are going to replace it". Just a shame I don't have a lot of faith in Cooper York, their customer service leaves a lot to be desired but not sure where else to try out.