ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alpina D3 Bi Turbo F31 Touring

Eagerly awaiting the response to your email 😅 Mega curious if they put a figure on buying you out of it or just tell you the job is in hand and like it or lump it.

R3k1355

ClioSport Club Member
Just keep waxing the miles on the free cars you've been given.

Must have smashed 5k onto that X3 with the massive rims by now?

R3k1355

ClioSport Club Member
or the wastegates rattling on the old turbos, knackered engine mount, or a tired chain tensioner causing abit of slap.

Last edited:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
Holy s**t.

You'll go to pick it and get:

"everything's fine but you now need to top up the oil from the sump plug. Yeah yeah, new feature. And drain it from the top. Bye"

gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's going to make a noise when they get it up and running! I know it will! 😂

Oh and remember the warranty in writing!

Where do you stand with warranty on the new engine being as the warranty has now technically ended on the car?

If it was me you’d get a double yellow line warranty, once you cross the road out of the dealer you’re on your own haha.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
  182, E46 M3, 1000RR
reading page 1 and jumping straight to page 16 was a mistake. Back to 2 for me.
Took a while. TBH when I first clicked on the thread I couldn't understand why there were 16 pages of replies, quite a journey your on!

A mate recently bought a 335d xdrive, after a ride in that I was nearly swayed from a life time of diesel hate, if this is anything like that I'm sure its a great drive

Best of luck with it (y)

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182
f**king hell. This thread reminds me of my dealings with the M3. I also had about of month warranty left before they agreed that they did refurbish the wheels badly before I bought it, and needed to do them again. I was told they take the wheels off, send them away. No miles to be added to my car AT ALL.

After 4 weeks without my car, thought I'd better ring them and check up. "Uh, are you sure your car is with us sir?" Well I certainly f**king hope so, sir. "Funny thing, I cant find it anywhere" Yes mate, totally f**king HILARIOUS. You've LOST my car? Eventually they found it a few miles up the road in some pikey yard the wheel refurbishers use to store stuff. They gave me a bizzarely specced 320i that stank of weed to say "sorry". The snow and salt around at the time meant I made sure to ask them to deliver the car to me on a transporter, as part of our "no miles on the car" agreement. "Sir, it is the least we can do!"

Anyway a guy pulls up into my work carpark after driving the 50 miles there, in a car caked in salt and shite. Gives me the keys, takes the keys to the courtesy car and speeds off before I can say anything. Not only was the exterior fucked, interior looked like bob the builder and been breakdancing in there.

Then there was the actual job on the wheels. They'd diamond cut back so far the actual face of the wheel had become a different shape, and the paint was wrong, and they were already peeling. Finally, they'd superglued M badges on that had slid half way down all the wheels. With Glue on the wheels, and now on the car paint.

TL;DR Im a saddo with autism or whatever, basically your journey isnt over yet mate.... BMW, the worst customer experience of my life. (I'm aware I bought another, I dont need that pointing out). You cant accept back anything other than the repaired version of your car, no less.

Davyy

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
A guy on FB took his M140 the BMW.. as he was stood watching, they drove it out the garage and clipped a boulard a scrapped all down the rear quarter 😂

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182
A guy on FB took his M140 the BMW.. as he was stood watching, they drove it out the garage and clipped a boulard a scrapped all down the rear quarter 😂
They started my E92 M3 cold, immediately bounced it off the limiter, nearly hit a Countryman head on, then bounced it off the limiter a few more times for good measure. This was the car cleaning guys they had.

They said sorry by offering another free clean. I s**t you not.