ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alpina D3 Bi Turbo F31 Touring

Short Legs

ClioSport Club Member
  a better one
was it on here or cutters were a guy with an E46 SMG had a BMW sales guy convince him to let him sit in his car and rev it up. The sales guy managed to slip it into gear while revving it up and jump forward into another car.

The following repair by them was farcical and went on for ages.

A guy on FB took his M140 the BMW.. as he was stood watching, they drove it out the garage and clipped a boulard a scrapped all down the rear quarter 😂
They started my E92 M3 cold, immediately bounced it off the limiter, nearly hit a Countryman head on, then bounced it off the limiter a few more times for good measure. This was the car cleaning guys they had.

They said sorry by offering another free clean. I s**t you not.
While I was in Cotswold in Cheltenham I saw someone give it the beans in an M2 in their underground car park and like skid it around the corner and then light the inside rear wheel up going up a ramp. I am sure it was either the cleaning guys or some youth who moves cars around their workshop area. I was not looking forward to handing my M140i to them to service a few weeks later. But when I collected it there is was just dumped on the side of the road in their underground car park, not even in a bay. I can only assume is when they parked it there all bays were full, but they could have put it in their customer car park at ground level and not left in the way. And witnessing the standard of driving in that car park from staff and customers I was a little concerned. Luckily no damage to it.

But I have not had any poor cuatomer service from them. One thing nearly got out of hand but when I complained to the regional parts manager it was resolved within a day. I have now jinxed it though.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182
While I was in Cotswold in Cheltenham I saw someone give it the beans in an M2 in their underground car park and like skid it around the corner and then light the inside rear wheel up going up a ramp. I am sure it was either the cleaning guys or some youth who moves cars around their workshop area. I was not looking forward to handing my M140i to them to service a few weeks later. But when I collected it there is was just dumped on the side of the road in their underground car park, not even in a bay. I can only assume is when they parked it there all bays were full, but they could have put it in their customer car park at ground level and not left in the way. And witnessing the standard of driving in that car park from staff and customers I was a little concerned. Luckily no damage to it.

But I have not had any poor cuatomer service from them. One thing nearly got out of hand but when I complained to the regional parts manager it was resolved within a day. I have now jinxed it though.
With my M2 Comp it had the worst ride on the rear of the car, I thought it was bad but didnt realise why. When it went in at 700miles for its run in service (a touch early) they rang to say it needed brand new top mounts, but "Dont worry we will do it under warranty". Investigated further and apparently BMW stick packers in the struts to stop the cars bouncing around on transporters, its pretty common for the PDI guys to forget about them.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Please video yourself leaving a big rubber 11 on the floor out of the carpark

Ben-

ClioSport Club Member
I hope they’ve washed it for you. Actually maybe not, we all know how qualified the ’valeters’ main dealers use are.

Cribert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Genuinely, what are the plans when you get it back? It’s been away so long it’ll feel like a new car again

Matt W

ClioSport Club Member
  Suzuki Jimny
I booked my M3 in for a service with the main bmw dealer, after waiting 90 minutes they came out and said apparently it takes a special grade of oil, which they don’t have.
The oil I specifically asked about when booking it it 😂

My RS3 has been with Audi 3 weeks as of tomorrow.

I messaged them to say what’s going on when am I getting it back, they replied and said we have a car for you here you can have in the mean time.

Now I’m just thinking wtf how long do they think they need it for, I know they said it was a 15 hour job but still!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Rangie Sport, Westie
Genuinely, what are the plans when you get it back? It’s been away so long it’ll feel like a new car again
Well I've got all the kit to put a good stereo and carplay etc in it. So I'll do that and see how I feel.

370Z, Fiesta ST2
With a brand new engine with potential 2 year warranty, you could run it for another 12 months then sell it on for more money that you have paid.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
  182, E46 M3, 1000RR
f**king hell. This thread reminds me of my dealings with the M3. I also had about of month warranty left before they agreed that they did refurbish the wheels badly before I bought it, and needed to do them again. I was told they take the wheels off, send them away. No miles to be added to my car AT ALL.

After 4 weeks without my car, thought I'd better ring them and check up. "Uh, are you sure your car is with us sir?" Well I certainly f**king hope so, sir. "Funny thing, I cant find it anywhere" Yes mate, totally f**king HILARIOUS. You've LOST my car? Eventually they found it a few miles up the road in some pikey yard the wheel refurbishers use to store stuff. They gave me a bizzarely specced 320i that stank of weed to say "sorry". The snow and salt around at the time meant I made sure to ask them to deliver the car to me on a transporter, as part of our "no miles on the car" agreement. "Sir, it is the least we can do!"

Anyway a guy pulls up into my work carpark after driving the 50 miles there, in a car caked in salt and shite. Gives me the keys, takes the keys to the courtesy car and speeds off before I can say anything. Not only was the exterior fucked, interior looked like bob the builder and been breakdancing in there.

Then there was the actual job on the wheels. They'd diamond cut back so far the actual face of the wheel had become a different shape, and the paint was wrong, and they were already peeling. Finally, they'd superglued M badges on that had slid half way down all the wheels. With Glue on the wheels, and now on the car paint.

TL;DR Im a saddo with autism or whatever, basically your journey isnt over yet mate.... BMW, the worst customer experience of my life. (I'm aware I bought another, I dont need that pointing out). You cant accept back anything other than the repaired version of your car, no less.
That sounds a right saga! What happened in the end?

Despite owning several older bmw's I've only been into a BMW joint to buy a car once, walked out and immediately bought the Mrs a Honda Civic instead where the salesmen were genuinely lovely, the salesmen in the BMW dealers were cheap suit wearing estate agents. Drove there in (an admittedly shagged) E36 touring and they instantly wrote us off as peasants, went there the next time round to pick up parts in an M3 and the salesman came over to ask if we had bought her a car yet (now he's interested), I just told him we bought a Civic because the salesmen had much nicer suits.

The look they gave me when I told them I specifically did not want an M-Sport 1 series because she would just batter the wheels anyway was ridiculous. The dealer went broke last summer which is annoying as the parts dept was convenient.

Been to various dealers since, Lexus etc. And by far the most consistent nice experience has been in JLR dealers, where they have done weird things like stay open late so I can pick up a part, made me coffee, not spoken to me like a c**t etc. Normal stuff.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
  182, E46 M3, 1000RR
Also the test drive feedback is cringe.....

"The car drove fine and was a pleasure, the engine purrs like a cat it is that smooth."
Make sure you give the steering wheel etc a good detol before you drive it. Probably made his year rubbing one out in an Alpina.

Flat Eric

ClioSport Club Member
  182, Ecoboost Fez
That sounds a right saga! What happened in the end?

Despite owning several older bmw's I've only been into a BMW joint to buy a car once, walked out and immediately bought the Mrs a Honda Civic instead where the salesmen were genuinely lovely, the salesmen in the BMW dealers were cheap suit wearing estate agents. Drove there in (an admittedly shagged) E36 touring and they instantly wrote us off as peasants, went there the next time round to pick up parts in an M3 and the salesman came over to ask if we had bought her a car yet (now he's interested), I just told him we bought a Civic because the salesmen had much nicer suits.

The look they gave me when I told them I specifically did not want an M-Sport 1 series because she would just batter the wheels anyway was ridiculous. The dealer went broke last summer which is annoying as the parts dept was convenient.

Been to various dealers since, Lexus etc. And by far the most consistent nice experience has been in JLR dealers, where they have done weird things like stay open late so I can pick up a part, made me coffee, not spoken to me like a c**t etc. Normal stuff.
Funny you say that. My worst experiences of being in a showroom was at JLR dealership. 45 mins I walked round having a nose at each car on display and not a single person came over to ask if I needed any assistance with anything etc.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
  182, E46 M3, 1000RR
Funny you say that. My worst experiences of being in a showroom was at JLR dealership. 45 mins I walked round having a nose at each car on display and not a single person came over to ask if I needed any assistance with anything etc.
haha, I guess they all have good and bad dealerships. Although no one talking to me for 45mins sounds like bliss.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
  Civic
BMW dealers in the south are alright in my experience. Apart from the one at Gatwick. That’s dreadful.
Isn't that where that Tony Berry or whatever his name is that has all the lease deals and all the YouTubers go to?

370Z, Fiesta ST2
What is the outcome of today going to be? They have actually repaired someones 318d touring and got their contact details mixed up?