ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alpina D3 Bi Turbo F31 Touring

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
Glad you've got it back what a Carry on that was lol. Very entertaining. It looks awesome.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
A real man would have put a white screw cap on that 6 to make it look more like a G

gally

ClioSport Club Member
Love this Steve! Also looks amazing!

Weird warranty chat, I know you got a lot out of it, but essentially the bigger risk is with newly fitted stuff niot the older thing, when you strip and rebuild and engine, more can go wrong with a technician's work than if it's done 100k! or 200k in your case. Does that make sense?

What happens when the boost pipe loosens after another 500 miles? Or a water pipe? f**k off and don't phone us? Seems unfair?

Anyway! Enjoy it whilst it's new! Love the plate, is PIGDNA on the Rangie?

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Rangie Sport, Westie
500 miles in and so far so good.

Just ordered some LCI adaptive dampers for the rear. After a bit of research it turns out they are valved slightly differently so, hopefully that'll sort the float I'm getting from the 200k+ dampers that are on the rear currently.

Fitted a carplay interface box thing, but its terrible so that'll be getting sold and I'll probs have to for the full 2019 nav retrofit.

Jeff simply

ClioSport Club Member
500 miles in and so far so good.

Just ordered some LCI adaptive dampers for the rear. After a bit of research it turns out they are valved slightly differently so, hopefully that'll sort the float I'm getting from the 200k+ dampers that are on the rear currently.

Fitted a carplay interface box thing, but its terrible so that'll be getting sold and I'll probs have to for the full 2019 nav retrofit.
I'm sure it was some time in 2016 when the nav units started supporting Carplay if that helps.

Do you just figure it out or do you have access to fitting manuals for bits like the dash and nav?

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Rangie Sport, Westie
I'm sure it was some time in 2016 when the nav units started supporting Carplay if that helps.

Do you just figure it out or do you have access to fitting manuals for bits like the dash and nav?
Yeah 2016 on for Carplay support. 2018 on for the 10" screen.

Tbh I whipped the dash apart at the weekend following a 3min youtube vid. All you need are some trim tools and torx bits.

Jeff simply

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah 2016 on for Carplay support. 2018 on for the 10" screen.

Tbh I whipped the dash apart at the weekend following a 3min youtube vid. All you need are some trim tools and torx bits.
I'm going to tackle mine one of these days, took it on a 1200 mile trip North and the different rattles that appear then disappear is just laughable. It needs taking apart and all touching parts just need a bit of felt tape adding (I think!)...

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
I'm going to tackle mine one of these days, took it on a 1200 mile trip North and the different rattles that appear then disappear is just laughable. It needs taking apart and all touching parts just need a bit of felt tape adding (I think!)...
I did the same on mine using some felt. After I took the trims off there was a squeak that I could never trace!