ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alpina D3 Bi Turbo F31 Touring

RyG

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
LOL

I'm an MD of a farming company which also owns a pig genetics company.

I also have P15 DNA..... or Piss DNA as everyone calls it.
Did some stalking and found you on LinkedIn. You look SO different to how I thought you would.

Totes added you as a friend

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Rangie Sport, Westie
Totally obscure, but you work for Jacobs?

@Waitey what’s up with the CarPlay interface? Have you asked sirdave about best way to get it ticketyboo?
Me? No.

It’s a Chinese interface box, it’s just garbage.

Flat Eric

ClioSport Club Member
  182, Ecoboost Fez
500 miles already?! You trying to get it up to 300k?😂😂😂

I think the sat nav system in mine is decent but no car play but I'm on android anyway. I do miss carplay/android auto in the fiesta though

It's a touch screen unit and looks about 8 inches? The screen that is..

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Rangie Sport, Westie
500 miles already?! You trying to get it up to 300k?😂😂😂

I think the sat nav system in mine is decent but no car play but I'm on android anyway. I do miss carplay/android auto in the fiesta though

It's a touch screen unit and looks about 8 inches? The screen that is..
Another 250 to do tomorrow. Will have done the 1000 mile run in period in a week.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
I was talking to biffy, someone said something the other day and his name posting here made me remember. Apologies 😂

Hope you’re good pig man.
He always has to bring it back to being about him hasn't he?

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Rangie Sport, Westie
So since I bought this the rear was always a bit bouncy.

After getting all the history checked it was evident that the rear dampers had done 222k!

Anyway while it was at BMW I asked for them to be checked to be told they were fine..... knowing they were most likely fucked, I ordered a set of updated LCI adaptable ones.

On fitting them tonight this is the state of the old dampers...

AF4A5E02-06D0-4346-9CFA-88A4FD33E439.jpeg

The one on the left has no oil in it at all and no bump stop left. The adaptive actuator isn’t connected either.

The one on the right has no bump stop left and most of the oil is on the outside...

So yeah, pretty fine BMW...

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

After getting all the history checked it was evident that the rear dampers had done 222k!

Anyway while it was at BMW I asked for them to be checked to be told they were fine..... knowing they were most likely fucked, I ordered a set of updated LCI adaptable ones.

View attachment 1497756

The one on the left has no oil in it at all and no bump stop left. The adaptive actuator isn’t connected either.

The one on the right has no bump stop left and most of the oil is on the outside...

Thank god you didn’t trust them to do something complex like replace an engine....

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Rangie Sport, Westie
Thank god you didn’t trust them to do something complex like replace an engine....
Mate they haven’t even looked at these lol

At least I saw the engine was out.... haha

RatTrick

ClioSport Club Member
Don't even bother taking it to bmw again, that's the type of service you'll get from now on. They are 1000% not touching this car ever again😂.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Rangie Sport, Westie
Don't even bother taking it to bmw again, that's the type of service you'll get from now on. They are 1000% not touching this car ever again😂.
Although high 5 to the BMW design team putting all the damper bolts in the wheel well so you don’t have to take the interior apart. A for Effort.

View attachment 1497756

C3AD0670-E194-4ED8-8CD8-E19744389F63.jpeg

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Are the dampers Alpina specific or regular m sport adaptive ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you say isn't connected, you mean not plugged in or physically come a bit loose?

Surprising that you didn't have a DTC and a warning light on the dash for an open circuit on that corner.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Rangie Sport, Westie
When you say isn't connected, you mean not plugged in or physically come a bit loose?

Surprising that you didn't have a DTC and a warning light on the dash for an open circuit on that corner.
A bit loose, the actuator had rotated in the housing.

Short Legs

ClioSport Club Member
  a better one
1000 miles done on the new engine.

All is well. 42mpg over the last tank.
genuine question, is that good? or have you been enjoying it a bit.

my old 320d would do 36 with just town driving and up to high 40's on a good run (mpg's worked out at the pump, not from the OBC).

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Rangie Sport, Westie
genuine question, is that good? or have you been enjoying it a bit.

my old 320d would do 36 with just town driving and up to high 40's on a good run (mpg's worked out at the pump, not from the OBC).
Well the old engine averaged 41.6 over the first 2000 miles I did in it.

So I’d expect the new motor to loosen a bit and maybe give a bit more.

It gets a lot of mixed driving, from town to hyper outside lane stuff.

Also worked out from the pump, although the OBC is only about 0.5 out.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
My E46 320d does 50mpg+ all day long, and I drive it like it's stolen. Sounds like a police transit van though.