ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alpina D3 Bi Turbo F31 Touring

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
03B9D383-B134-4D77-8608-3077FDE80F6A.jpeg

New front brakes.

Only it’s 4th set of discs after 244k is good going.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Another little mile stone. Only 5k to go before it’s on quarter of a million miles.

482B71C5-DDE1-4D44-939A-C4F0D79BB047.jpeg

New brakes the celebrate.

B67A62F4-FEE8-439E-AD3B-97CF114764DE.jpeg

Whoever installed the last set can suck my 9. Nearly an hour getting the disc retaining screw out.

Cribert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Angle grinder would take 10 mins! They’re a b*****d of a thing though.

Im getting a f31 320d and I can’t wait. Nowhere near as special as yours but all the same I’m looking forward to it

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Angle grinder would take 10 mins! They’re a b*****d of a thing though.

Im getting a f31 320d and I can’t wait. Nowhere near as special as yours but all the same I’m looking forward to it
They are counter sunk into the disc. Daft idea!

Enjoy it, the F31 is really all the car you’d need.

Cribert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
They are counter sunk into the disc. Daft idea!

Enjoy it, the F31 is really all the car you’d need.
Oh really? Well that’s a ballache. Yeah it really is. Will fit my needs perfectly. Already started buying parts for it😂

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I've had to cut the disc off my mrs' mini before, cut a big slit into it, tried to smack it with a flathead and nothing. So I just had to get very caravan occupant spec and hammer it and smash it off after cutting it to death🤣🤣
It’s a proper retarded design.

Flat Eric

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
340i or Alpina B3.
340i fetch silly money still too. Not even looked at the B3.

Only thing mine lacks is a bit of noise and drama which I think the 40i would probably bring, along with terrible MPG for the Mrs commute, it's not worth it

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Just ordered some PS4S’ for the rear.

I hope the hype is worth it and they last as well as the Goodyear, which have done just under 30k.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
PS4s are fuckin amazing for road tyres. They lasted really well on my TT, but BMs chew through rears of any make and compound

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
i would be very surprised if you get anywhere near the mileage you did out the Goodyear's, i had PS4's on mine when i bought it, which we pretty new and they were changed after less than 5000 miles, and i am not hard on tyres, great tyres though.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
i would be very surprised if you get anywhere near the mileage you did out the Goodyear's, i had PS4's on mine when i bought it, which we pretty new and they were changed after less than 5000 miles, and i am not hard on tyres, great tyres though.
I think there is a big difference in wear between PS4 and PS4S people assume that because the PS4S is higher in the range it will wear more but that hasn't been the case in my experience. For example my father just got 25k out of the rear PS4S on his XKR and although he doesn't drive like a nutter he is fairly brisk and the car is heavy with lots of torque, while my E46 chewed through a set of PS4's (not PS4S - dumb f**king marketing) in no time compared with the MPSS which followed and are still on it.

Supposedly the most recent Goodyears are even better while the Continentals are worse.