ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alpina D3 Bi Turbo F31 Touring

Flat Eric

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Mate I have never ever regretted buying a spare set of wheels for winter tyres for the beemer - was world changing! Plus you end up spreading wear over two sets of tyres so they feel like they last forever.
I do have a second set of mint OEM wheels that came on the car. I took them off for winter so they didn't get wrecked.
Might swap the summer tyres on those and put winters on the rep wheels I've got

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
I do have a second set of mint OEM wheels that came on the car. I took them off for winter so they didn't get wrecked.
Might swap the summer tyres on those and put winters on the rep wheels I've got
Its hard to quantify how much better they were, but I was going up hills in the snow that 4x4's on summers couldn't touch. Plus if you slide into a kerb you don't cry yourself to sleep that night.... I'm also not sure how much summer tyres like the cold, impacting their longevity come summer but that might be total BS on my part.

Also - my Mrs would, without fail have an accident the moment it snowed. She did her Cinquecento sliding down a hill, MGF (which tbf didn't even have ABS) sliding into another car her Mini into a Kerb... then she bought quite a nice Civic so that year I put Michelin Cross climates on which aren't strictly a winter tyre but do have the M+S marking and can stay on all year round, she has had them on every car ever since and hasn't had a single wintery accident.

When you look at UK temps a winter tyre can stay on for quite a large chunk of the year, they perform waaay better than summers do at anything the wrong side of 5degs in the wet, I never notice much change between summers and winters when its cold but dry. Wet, cold sludgy stopping distances are significantly reduced. (y)

Last edited:

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone wanna lend me a set of wheels so I can get mine refurbed?
Whats the smallest size you think would fit over the brakes? I'm a bit too far away to be useful but if you can squeeze 17's on you'd probably open your options up a lot.

I've actually got a set of M3 fitment 18" steel wheels somewhere which would look hilariously awful on yours.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Whats the smallest size you think would fit over the brakes? I'm a bit too far away to be useful but if you can squeeze 17's on you'd probably open your options up a lot.

I've actually got a set of M3 fitment 18" steel wheels somewhere which would look hilariously awful on yours.
Brakes are 370mm, F80 M3 18’s just fit!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Million pound centre cap from @AJFisher

10699983-B3C6-4B44-9FBF-5E43DA08E606.jpeg

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Has your steering wheel been retrimmed recently? Or are you just one of the few people that actually keep it clean?

Looks more like 25k miles that!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Has your steering wheel been retrimmed recently? Or are you just one of the few people that actually keep it clean?

Looks more like 25k miles that!
Original wheel and wheel covering!

It should look like a taxi’s by now tbh.

• Wow
Reactions: MLB

Sidnancy

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182 FF
Shamefully, I have to admit ive just finished reading every comment and page of this thread. It did not disappoint in the slightest.

Genuienly had me in tears laughing some of the comments on here. Fair play Waitey, you f**king legend 🤣 🤣

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
In for a service today.

Can’t fault Alpina for providing good loan cars, first I was offered a B8, but having to collect the dog later, I asked for a estate and they gave me a new D3S.

67319832-E50C-49E8-8B79-7940236B5165.jpeg

E7D89632-AF47-428F-890E-DE90B3326C5E.jpeg

It’s a right little unit, although a bit Bradford in spec. It goes better than mine! Although it’s on Pirelli’s which are s**t!

The interior gauges and plastics can go in the bin though, they are worse than the ones in mine!

9311EE43-3C09-4EE1-A3A6-E0F650CE8302.jpeg

155BC7C0-2D12-4344-8918-9D11B776CF93.jpeg

Also having two types of vents on the go, makes my balls itch.

FAA1DB49-D36E-4BC5-9C38-5F1619C36E15.jpeg

Apple car play integration is perfect though!

Last edited:

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
They don’t want me to collect it tomorrow without them fitting new tyres to the front…

They also want to put fresh coolant in it.

Black circles are doing PS4S’ for £390 fitted, so let’s see if they can match that…

LY Meg Cup-S STI wid
They don’t want me to collect it tomorrow without them fitting new tyres to the front…

They also want to put fresh coolant in it.

Black circles are doing PS4S’ for £390 fitted, so let’s see if they can match that…

Do these people have no clue who you are. Every minute you have the loaner its gaining 2 miles and depreciating by a £.

Do you think you can get it to 5k before you hand it back?

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Why do they do that? I’ve had 2 sets do that in the last 12 months. Not old tyres, ran at good pressure etc.
It’s both fronts too. The worst been near side.

Out of the 30k they’ve been on, a good 20k of it will have been at high speed.

Still shouldn’t have fallen apart like that. They are only just over 12 months old!