ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anybody got experience with ipod nano or ipod video?

Just wondering if anybody has and good experience with how they are.

Heading off on holiday soon and wouldnt mind one to occupy me.

I've got a nano 4gb, had it for about a month now. Love it to pieces! It's well small, downloaded pics of the album covers to go with the tunes etc. Only problem is................yes.........it does get scratched! So if you buy one get a case or cover for it straight away! Thumbs up all round!

Hippys bus of LOVE !!!
I LOVE my iPod & wouldn't be with out it...

Its a bit like Marmite you either LOVE them or HATE them...

Its just SO simple to use

no too worried about scratches lol.

Anybody tried the new ipod video one, with 60gb?!!!???

leaning towards the nano right now, got rid of the fag packets but dont want bulgy pockets ;) lol

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
BenR said:
no too worried about scratches lol.

Anybody tried the new ipod video one, with 60gb?!!!???

leaning towards the nano right now, got rid of the fag packets but dont want bulgy pockets ;) lol

rasclart just got a video...

SLK 350
My mate has the new Video iPod 30gb, however the fact is plays videos is pretty much defunct. Watching anything for 2 hours on a 3" screen is just plain daft. Oh and then theres the fact that you can expect 2 hours maximum battery life when viewing video.

Bought my GF a Nano (in white, as the black gets covered in dirt/finger prints/scratches) and she loves it. However a case is pretty important if you want it to last. Bought some silicon case for about £6.

Monaro VXR
IF you want a video player get a creative. if you want an MP3 player and care more about sund quality than looks and functionality and portability get a creative.

If however you wanna look like you have £400 worth of sub standard audio waulity around your neck buy an ipod. Cause it looks cool!

Thats my view on the subject i triedthem both and at the time my 60gb creative player was more than the equivalent ipod i still bought the creative cause audio quality means more to me. Also the ipod software was copied from earlier creative products. In otherwords im saying the ipod plainly sucks unless your fashion conscious and wanna look cool.

SLK 350
And what your saying im afraid is wrong. If you want over complicated and unintuitive menu systems buy a creative, if you want bloated software buy a creative, if you want a product that is just plain fugly buy a creative.

The fact is mate, its horses for courses, but im afraid whether you like it or not the iPod is a very good brand and product which has a good community following.

That said iRiver (my 2nd choice) and creative are both good companies if your looking for what they offer but im afraid Apple will continuing to lead the market where it chooses.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
i'm selling a silver ipod mini, mint with a case dock all the accessories if ur interested. It's 4 gig.

Revels Mum & Sister
Both mine and my old mans Video ipods came yesterday

Fantastic piece of shizzle. Quality of the vids is decent. I watched a film on it last night for just over 2 hours and had 3/4 Battery left, funny that?

Not that big either. I would defo go for one. As said before the Menu system on the ipod is second to none and piece of piss to use. have a piece of software to rip movies/avis/mpegs etc as well

I also have a Nano I use for the gym. Had that about month and a half. This gets battered around down there also use this in my car with my Alpine headunit every day and hasnt failed me.

Monaro VXR
ozzyo99 said:
And what your saying im afraid is wrong. If you want over complicated and unintuitive menu systems buy a creative, if you want bloated software buy a creative, if you want a product that is just plain fugly buy a creative.

The fact is mate, its horses for courses, but im afraid whether you like it or not the iPod is a very good brand and product which has a good community following.

That said iRiver (my 2nd choice) and creative are both good companies if your looking for what they offer but im afraid Apple will continuing to lead the market where it chooses.

whats over complicated and unintuiative. use scroll wheel to go to music folder. change to show either artist or album or by songs. press scroll wheel in press first letter of said artist add songs to playlist.

I dont see whats unintuitive about that. And the software within windows is now just drag and drop since all the players come with a newer software that allows the player to show up in my computer in windows not needing to use what i would personally call crap and that is itunes or anything of that sort like that. which is just even more bloat and adds more services into windows to execute for the ipod.

The ipod isnt as nice sounding though and unless you update the firmware they all come with a stupidly low max volume where you can still hear people talking when its cranked right up. Not all of them suffer form this but a lot of the european ones do.

It is a good product but the ipod video is possibly the worst product they have released yet hundreds of people will snap it up cause its an ipod creatives MP4 player is just lovely since most of it is the screen where as the ipod its just the same as all the others it can now just do video. but using that piddly wee screen which to me is rather shite.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3
On a different note, my missus ipod mini battery is proper fucked. Is there anything i can do? she's only had it 8 months

Chocolate Bar™
according to a report in america 1 in 10 iPod Nanos has a faulty screen which can crack really easily.

theres a website devoted to people registering to try and get it repaired under warranty from the manufacturer.

just something to bear in mind :)

Monaro VXR
Screen thing is a bugger know of 2 people whos have knackered up they were actually pretty good at replaceing them though i have to say had a new one within a few days.

And battery life is a thing thats plague the ipods for years now. They dont particulalry last very long and are a bit of a bugger to replace apple will replace them at a cost or you can do it yourself with the right tools and right battery but you need to be careful.