ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anyone raced a v6?

VX220 lightning
just wondering how much quicker the v6 is compared to a 1*2... the stats show it to be quicker but not enough to warrent the extra cash.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
No i havent, they are quite quick.

Last edited:
  FF182 Brembo Max, BMC CDA
i did a ph1 v6 and it pulls much harder than a 182, left me behind but once the gap opened to about 20m it didnt get much bigger

133/225/CLS AMG
Dunno about a 1*2 but I'd love to have a blast in my 225!! lol

Off the line I'd expect a V6 to be quicker but rolling start I'd imagine would be similar.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
the V6 has no turning circle at all!!! tis well bad for that
and the 182's is great?!?!?!

Like for like and both cars standard, the turning circle of a Vee is much worse than a 182.

Australian three-trailer road trains have been known to out-turn a V6.... ;)

164Road_Train.jpg

D.

Last edited:
  lift number 1 @ btm
my flatmate has a heavily worked on ph1 v6. up to about a ton there isn't much in it, then he goes straight past me and is gone.

V6 will always win s speeds climbe thoug as the power realy will start to make its difference as power to wieight don't matter as much as speeds build.

lift number 1 @ btm
^ depends what you want, its a stunning car. the only thing is, by the time it becomes as much fun as a 1*2 you are traveling at stupid speed. you have to be so much more respectful, but that is the fun of them. fear! lmao.

Scirocco GT 210
No one buys a clio V6 for it's performance per £ ratio. People who do buy them buy them for other reasons, such as looks, sound and the uniqueness (is this even a word?) of them, amoungst other things.

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
was behind steve in his v6 on the northampton breaky run and it was a rocket. not sure if it was standard tho

^
pmsl - yeah I remember that, the vee had to do it again to get round.

Agreed that the turning circle on the vee is pap (13m) I think a 182 is something like 11m ??

lift number 1 @ btm
A stripped out cup will lose a v6.

if you are down my way, you should come and have a go in tims! believe me i've tried!! in the twisties he can't get passed me driving safely, but you cant loose him at all. on an open road he will be gone.
i think the thing is that it's easy to drive a 1*2 on the limit, but to drive a vee hard needs completely different skills. but once you can drive one ( and i cant) you can reach obscene speeds.

An orange one
totally different cars

v6 isnt about speed...its amazing how well they handle when you know them though, I now have more confidence in my vee than my mums 182..(after 18 months of ownership)

ph1 172 Black
It#s that MR setup that makes them so great. A lot of cars to be honest struggle 0-60 with 1*2 but high speed the game changes.

182cup & 172 racecar
At the hill climb we race in the V6 was between 5/8 seconds slower than the cups.Course is 3 1/2 miles long.SLUG

EVO VII
i would have the V6 over the 172 even tho the performance gap isnt that large. Once you have driven a Vee you will understand ;)

Mk2 V6
I don't think many V6 owners buy them worrying about whether they're quicker than a 182. I bought mine for the experience.

My mate's got a 182 Trophy, nice it is too - and probably as quick as, if not quicker than the V6 in the real world.