ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ARSE TITS ARSE

No, not like that

just what ive been thinking today after my car yet again fails its MOT.

Right so orginally, the handbrake didnt work properly and although the emissions were dubious, it passed on those..

so this morning, it went in for them to adjust something on the back brake so that that was ok and sure enough, now thats fine.

however, it failed its emissions test so they said, it probably needed a new Lambda sensor...

Ok says me... annoying though it is, ill get this done and hopefully it will pass..... they also said there was a slight missfire between 3 - 3,500 k which to be honest there might have been as my car very rarely is in that rev range ;)

i said well as long as it is the sensor not the missfire then i dont mind paying and then i get a call saying "weve taken the lambda sensor off and it seems ok so its almost certainly the missfire thats causing the problem"

right ok... .new plugs then...

apparently they need to take the inlet? manifold off to do this ??? is this right...??

well.. this is what they say.... so i guess i will have to go with that....

if its not that then......leads etc ?????

im a tad pissed off to say the least as an entire morning has been wasted as a result of this....

oh and they cant get a gasket for the manifold until tomorrow morning so im without a car still.....

oh and what i meant to ask was ;

does that sound right about changing the plugs.. i.e having to take the manifold off ????

CTR EK9 turbo

oh no Will (again!). Bad luck matey. Still doesnt affect your performance, especially off the line!!! ;)

If you wanna inspect where they remove the inlet manifold - use the torx screws in your tool kit in the boot and undo the plastic 2.0 dressing from above the engine and youl see what they mean. I think you do have to remove it all - it cant be that hard a job? a few bolts and woosh its off!

yeah thats what i thought..... seems like the car is running sweet to me :)

yeah i think they said £15 a plug (yeah right my arse) and then about half an hours work or something... oh and a new gasket so £104 they said

plus of course an hours labour this morning to sort my handbrake out (about £60 i guess)

plus the MOT last week...

i hope it ends at the plugs......

oh and it needs a service soon anyway which would have included plugs so i can knock that off the next service i guess.

Revels Mum & Sister

Yeah the old plugs are Platinum long life ones arent they ir something. Are very pricey!

yay

it was the plugs

hmm

not sure why they are charging me £267.74 for the plugs and sorting out my brakes but never mind....

i have an mot certificate now !

172 Cup

"you do have to remove the inlet manifold to change the plugs "

Isnt it the metal guard protecting the injectors that have to be removed?