ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Audi S4 Avant Family Wagon

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
I've been looking at one of these for a while now, and months of searching and reading has given me enough info to finally upgrade. I sold my S3 a few weeks ago and wasn't having much luck finding a good example of a B8.5 Avant, until I spotted the below last week on Auto trader. Messaged the bloke then called him up to confirm a few details and arranged to see it, which is more awkward now due to the Rona.

1 owner from New, Full Audi Service History and any other jobs done through Audi, new brakes, GPS aerial etc. Just under 80K miles, 2015 so the newer CREC engine and the latest revision of the Gearbox to ease any worries of mechatronics issues. Spec wise it isn't perfect but it had to be a facelift, it had to have Super Sport seats and had to have MMi+, so it suits me and the growing family. Viewed on Saturday, went back on Sunday to pick it up.

Obligatory Shell fill up.

PXL_20210207_131032269.MP.jpg

Not many pictures for now as it was snowing and raining on the 100 mile journey back over the North York moors and up the A1. Its a Mythos Black, Black edition so full drug dealer colour. Got a nice 29mpg on the journey home, and so much comfier on the motorway than the previous car. No major plans for it, it will be staying standard for now. Its going into Audi on Wednesday for a gearbox oil and filter service as its due now.

A couple from viewing it.
PXL_20210206_105449974.jpg

PXL_20210206_105423105.jpg

Rob G

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Nice. I'm contemplating one of these when/if I decide to change the cupra I'm currently in! Seem to be the sweet spot price/age wise.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Definitely needs a pulley and a map. Anyone who went in mine can attest to it being somewhat woken up from its OEM slumber.

Loved mine.. absolutely wonderful place to be most of the time ! Wider than a 44Tonner though.

Sport on the DSG is the only mode to be in .. will go into 7th when on cruise.

Hope it treats you well !

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Epic wagons!

Such a perfect all rounder.

As soon as you get used to the power, get a smaller pulley and map as said. Let the exhausts go a bit dirty and you’ll have a right sleeper

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Excellent choice for a family bus, S4's were sadly out of my price range when looking unless they had been to the moon and back, otherwise i probably would have chosen a saloon one over the 135.

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
Back from Audi with a clean bill of health and a fresh gearbox service. No issues while being checked over for piece of mind.

They did have a brand new RS6 in though, f**k me that thing has some presence about it. Ultimate daily car that!

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
Not spent much time in this with working at home still, only done about 300 miles since buying it. Bought a full set of new wipers which make a nice difference...

Enabled a few things via Carista, Audi drive select and lowered wing mirror in reverse for parking. The ADS doesn't do a great deal with adaptive dampers etc, but mainly changes the sound actuator volume and throttle response.

Quite a nice mpg aswell after a longer drive the other day.

cf11a86d8f17f9bdf41d8cadeb3e57e7.jpg
6bc4a7c2dc7cda91885eee76fe459d80.jpg
9b17cab6eed2ad7b1eca3acb11df4549.jpg

Rob G

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Didn't realise you could enable ADS (although limited) with Carista!
Out of interest (feel free to pm) roughly how much did you pay? I am looking at changing to a similar age S4 (with the updated engine and gearbox), and trying to determine values!

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
Didn't realise you could enable ADS (although limited) with Carista!
Out of interest (feel free to pm) roughly how much did you pay? I am looking at changing to a similar age S4 (with the updated engine and gearbox), and trying to determine values!
Yeah it was very simple, you just enable the hidden green menu in the MMI, then through that you enable it.

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
Quick wash and private plate put on. Washing a car reminds me why I don't like washing cars anymore, my hands are f**king numb and my shoes are wet.

Noticed a slight ding above the exhaust and some slight paint peel so might get the front and rears painted at some point to tidy them up.

(Plate surround is staying until I get some velcro coins)
50038a5106429c1dfc78d182e809f0c0.jpg

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
Noticed yesterday that my coolant level was low in the tank which has caused a bit worry. So I've topped it up for now and will see if it drops again.

Looking at the engine it looks likely that one of the hose connectors could be the culprit but it's right at the bottom so will be an arse to try and tighten.

PXL_20210408_121339213.jpg

TomSx

ClioSport Club Member
Isn’t it common for the pcv to cause coolant loss? I could be wrong but worth looking in to.

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
Isn’t it common for the pcv to cause coolant loss? I could be wrong but worth looking in to.
Yeah theres a few issues that could be the cause, primarily it was the earlier effected engines so im hoping its just a loose clip from when it was in Audi having a recall. The biggest issue is that most of the leaks come from under the blower, so its a super charger off job.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Looks lovely, just those wheels. They're just a naf design aren't they? The RS ones are lovely.

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
Agreed, Id never been much of a fan of the rotors. They have grown on me slightly since owning, but I do intend to swap them at some point for some peelers, or multi spokes.

Big Toe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Campus
Looks lovely, just those wheels. They're just a naf design aren't they? The RS ones are lovely.
I like the wheels, they just have an image problem from people putting them on golfs, usually from Bradford